Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy singles awareness day!

I got some lovely gifts today to bring in the lovey dovey mushy occasionally bitter holiday.
This morning I started off with a test. :) And then a guy that watched Lord of the Rings with us on Sunday brought Kristen, Lisa and I sugar cookies. ("To the girls who watch Lord of the Rings" :p There are rewards to staying awake through 12 hours of the extended version, right?)
Class time, class time, kinda old tasting chocolate covered strawberries from a bipolar boy, some library time, a couple granola bars and 'heart center' yoga later, then back to the Library. :)
You see, the library and I have always been good friends, so why not be dates on Valentines? I mean, sure, the library is sort of a player... and it's kind of a 'plig date', but a date nonetheless! I came to the computer lab (aka my second home) and google put on this cutesy little video for me. A little blob boy steals the heart of his favorite blob girl through jump roping while some Tony Bennet, "Cold, cold heart" crooned in the back ground. Romantic? Brownie points? You bet your britches!
Then, I whip out some Pandora to finish writing my 3 page yoga research paper (single. spaced. What? We're in college? AND in MLA format no less. The audacity of some teachers. ;) ), and Journey's "Seperate Ways" bubbles out of my ear buds.
... Now. Here's where the sleuthing comes in, because I'm not sure if this all adds up to a beautiful day, or a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad one.
(Because also, cute ward clerk walked past me TWICE today. Didn't even smile or wave.)
Since I'm the author of this life story though, I think I'm calling it a good day. It snowed a tiny bit, and then there was blue sky, and then some gorgeous lighting, and the chocolate on the not so tasty strawberries was still chocolate. Hence: good day. Right? :)
Plus Mr. Fix-it came and fished out a abnormally grossly large hairball from our shower and so now it drains again! (How's your appetite doing? Sorry 'bout that.)
So, since I got all gussied up, and I'm on a date... I figured I needed a picture. Ya know, like Sweethearts, or Prom?
Phew. Pretty hot stuff. I'm gonna go fall in love or somethin. ;)

(P.S remind me to tell you about Lord of the Rings after my homework is done. I'm probably going to have to wax philosophical.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon! Bri and I are here in the Cedar house. The twins are incharge of New Beginnings tonight. Everything looks absolutely amazing!! they have everything so perfect! their colors are black, white,green,and purple. Your mom made scrumptious cheese cake. She is a great chef. I bet you are too!
    we are missing you alot! we hope you can come early next week!! Hi from Aunt Cherene she just walked right in.
    ........Grams & Brianne

    ReplyDelete