Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

If ya like it... well, then you put a ring on it. ;)

.
It's probably really outta nowhere sounding-ish, seeing how I haven't been all swoony/spill my guts about dating Matt on here very often... but...
We're Engaged!! (Not sure why I made that look all title-ish.)
Aaaand since everyone has been asking for the story, and I'm pretty much just too lazy to text it out slash call up everyone (which maybe makes me an awful person?) I'm gonna stick it on here and just send out referrals. :p
Alright... where to start? :D
Matt and I have been talking about wedding madness for a while, so I knew we were getting engaged eventually, I just wasn't sure when. He had mentioned this past week that maybe he'd take my dad and mom out for ice cream and ask their permission this Saturday, since he'd be down for Anne Marie's mission farewell. (Yes. Bribery is good. ;) ) This last week has seriously been one of the LONGEST weeks of my life! So far anyway... I'm sure there'll be a few more of those before all is said and done. Friday night I talked to Matt on the phone and felt impatient and excited and was informed that he would arrive in Hatch at 10:00 the next morning. Saturday morning came and I was up at like, six. (I'm telling you, these weekend visits are like Christmas morning!) So I read some scriptures. And ate some breakfast. And washed my hair. And did my hair. And makeup. And wandered around. And read a book. And then sat on the porch with Meg and Miss. For an hour. Matt finally showed up at 11, and I was mostly just happy to see him, but mildly flustered that he was an hour later. (He blamed his 'girl truck' for being late.) My parents pulled in a few minutes after Matt did, and they hugged everyone and then we headed to Pines for some lunch and pie! (Emphasis on PIE!)
The rest of the afternoon was filled with random hanging out and helping clean and stuff, and every time my dad and Matt would be heading somewhere they'd ask me if I wanted to come. ("I don't know, Matt, do I want to come?" *Raising eyebrows* *Verbal winks and other such "are you gonna ask my dad and want me to stay here" body language cues*) I figured Matt was just going to ask my dad next time. Or Sunday. Definitely Sunday.
That evening Matt wanted to go hike in Red Canyon and watch the sunset. Cheesy? Romantic? Good exercise? Quality time? Yes. So, off we went. While we were driving, he kept messing with the zipper of his jacket, so I was thinking, "Hey! Maybe he'll propose!" But then I remembered our conversations where he'd say things like "I've got to stop being picky and just get a ring" or something of the sort. So I quickly smothered my hopes. :p
We got to the first pull off before you go into Red Canyon and parked the car, grabbed some jackets and the camera, and started hiking toward the very top. I'm suuuper out of shape so the whole time we're going, I'm thinking "I seriously hope he can't hear me wheezing, that'd be awkward." We finally got to the top and he picked out a flat rock to sit on, until the wind got super bad, and we hopped over to a different rock. (Hopped is used lightly here. It was super steepish and there are a lot of loose rocks up there so we more like tip toed.) Matt was being kinda quiet, so I rambled a little bit, and then started snapping lots of random pictures- because in case you were wondering, Red Canyon is GORGEOUS at sunset. Matt suggested that I set the camera down and so we could move somewhere where we could stand and dance. (Cutesy, eh? We may or may not have a history of 'dancing' in random spots. Like a random Ephraim homeowner's yard, or Pinetree's parking lot, or the kitchen in Cedar...) so we start dancing... which if we're being honest was mostly like hip swaying with the hand positions of dancing. I might have been a little scared of falling up there. In the middle of our cutesy moment Matt grins at me, "Remember how I was late today?" Yes. Yes I do. "I was actually in Hatch around 10." "... What?" "I was talking with your parents..." (Cue butterflies and mild shock. This is the point where I was 97% sure that he was going to propose) "and they gave me their permission. So," gets down on one knee and whips out a little black box "Shannon, will you marry me?"
Cue some kisses and squeals and hugs and "Oh my word!"s and giggles. And, of course, a "yes!". :) And some more hugs and finally a ring :p And some more hugs and "oh my word"s and, ok ok... maybe a few smooches. And maybe a "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!" being yelled at the top of my lungs. :p
We hiked back down and he offered to drive since I was still freaking out a little bit. :) Then lots of hugs at the cabin and more squeals and sisters trying on the ring and hugs and squeals and snuggling and happiness!
(I'm beginning to realize I really stink at story telling. Majorly. You're welcome to ask Matt about his version. Earlier today it involved me threatening his life and dangling him over the edge, and then finding a ring magically formed by the sands of time. Guess I pull some pretty convincing ultimatums. ;) )
Anywho. Here's some pictures.... Sorry I stink at story telling. It was at least seven thousand times more awesome than how I just told it. :D
We're planning on the second week of August. (hopefully!) Feel free to say some prayers about reducing stress levels and pulling this off. :) Either way we're happy and I get to marry my best friend!! :D Who is stinkin adorable.
On a random 4-wheeler ride with the twins Saturday
afternoon. :) They're super photogenic, don't you think?

At 'Old Town', being silly... as usual. 

I might love this one...



Behind view from our rock at sunset. :p


Pretend we're not undertalented at self portraits.
(Or make up words, like "undertalented".)



Do you see the teensy little cars down there? We were
up pretty high!



On our way back to the car, "I think we should take a picture!"
"Oh yeah!"
"I think that's what people do after they're engaged." :p
Good thing Matt thought of it, because I was just
floating down the hill basically.
 Ok, ladies and gents. Here's the part where I feel borderline awkward because it always drove me a little crazy to see engaged girls flaunting their ring pictures. I understand now. And of course there was always part of me who was obnoxiously curious to see the ring pictures anyway? Whatever. I love it and he did an awesome job with picking it and surprising me, and being him! :)
(Gross. We're all squishy and twitterpated. ;D )



8 comments:

  1. so happy for you :) so happy I still stalk your blog regularly so I could read this! yyyyyyyyyaaay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! SHANNON!!! I knew you guys were getting serious but I had no idea you were almost-engaged serious!!! This is awesome! Congratulations!!!! How long have you guys been dating? And could there be a more perfect proposal location? How gorgeous and romantic! I am so so happy for you. Matt is so cute and seems like such a great guy. And that ring is pretty stinking beautiful. I really love it. Good job Matt!

    I just wish I could be there for the wedding! So excited for you!

    Is he from cedar? Where are you guys going to live? Is he in school? How old is he, what's he studying, etc etc? I am so curious to know more about the man you're marrying! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ang! :) It's pretty out of the blue, I know. :p We haven't been dating that long, I met him in January but neither of us dared to really talk to the other one until March and we weren't like, dating dating until the firstish of April. So like... barely three months. :p He his so cute and awesome! I'm kinda lucky. :) Matt's from up northish. His parent's are divorced so his mom lives in Cottonwood Heights, and his dad lives in Eagle Mountain. This summer he's staying with his sister in Springville, so "North" pretty much is the easiest answer for that one; he just got into the Pre Med program at SUU, and he's thinking about going to PA school. He has at least a badrillion scholarships, including one for housing, so we have an apartment in Cedar while he's at SUU. He's 23, um... he's 'wonderful and brilliant, and we're getting maaarried!' ;p

      Delete
  3. Awww, I'm so excited for you! I couldn't help but shed a few tears, yes I'm really emotional when it comes to super cute things like these. And beautiful ring might I add! There is nothing more wonderful than getting married to your best friend, your going to have so much fun! You guys look so adorable together! All of this is taking me back to my younger years ;) Anyway congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!! i"m so excited for you and I'm glad that you posted the ring picture because I always love seeing the ring. Let me know if you need any help and I'll keep you in my prayers for sure to reduce stress levels. congrats, again!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting times, lovely ring, good looking couple, great post! I'm so happy for you. Let 's set a date for a shower. By the way, what is Matt's (and your soon to be) last name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post sweet Shannon. We are so happy for you and Matt. He is a very special young man and we love him already. WE are so excited for all the happy times coming up. You look sooo good together. You will make a great team and accomplish many good things. Stay happy and come see us soon. Love you tons...... Gram...

    ReplyDelete
  7. weddings and moving and babies! being elderly is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete