Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Time flies when you're having... fun?

.

(Which isn't my first choice of words to describe the long distance, and work.)
Time really has gone by pretty fast looking back. Looking forward? Different story. ;)
Monday my mom and I drove to Provo for some dress appointments and the engagements. :) (Weird?!?)
I seriously love the mother daughter trips I get every once in a while! My mom is pretty much amazing, and one of my best friends. It's been funny to look back at how our relationship has changed as I've 'grown up' (which I use loosely because I'm sure I'm not even half way there. :p) Matt was able to get off work a little early Monday night, so we went on a real live date! (Rare occasion due to long distance, but we've discovered our love for technology because a face time date is better than no date at all!) We grabbed some Panda and headed for the temple/MTC park(?) to eat and catch up. No big deal, we just got kicked off by MTC security. (Or somethin like that.)
Tuesday morning my mom and I headed to Gowns by Pamela. It's kind of ridiculously fun to have a consultant come and bring all these gorgeous dresses and stick you in them, like you're a princess who needs a maid to dress her, and then proceed to tell you how beautiful you look in all of them and how a corset comes with the rental package but that you don't even need one. Yeah. That's right. I may eat like crap, but hey. I still don't need a corset! I'm golden! :p
The dress that I picked was basically the opposite of what I had thought I wanted, it's kind of funny to see how your taste changes once you try them on. I've never been very big on veils either, but I've got a rather long one of those too! (I'm so excited!) Matt and I were talking about bridals with the photographer, and I hadn't realized that he didn't want to see my dress until our wedding. (I hadn't thought he was that traditional, but it's kinda cute. :p) So he's being left home for those, but we're taking them July 16th at the State Capitol building, and a park near by there? I'm kinda super really excited! (This is so weird! I'm still only like seventeen, right? Where did time go?)
Ooh, real quick. I'm not usually on the in the picture end of a camera, so I felt so awkward being all posey and such for the engagements, but I think they'll turn out well. Matt's such a goofball! Natalie appreciated it though, I think, she kept commenting on it and having us do some silly-ish poses because 'we could pull it off'. Like running around with a blanket around our shoulders like a cape. Did I feel stupid? Borderline. She had a chalk board prop for us, and suggested that we write our last name on there... we chuckled a little and wrote "Coffin" on it and then turned it around... oh the jokes that followed. :p I'm a lucky girl! ;) Right after I wrote stuff on the chalk board, though, she told us about how she wrote cutesy father's day things on it and took pictures of her kids, but ended up photo shopping what she wrote out, and using a font instead. Think that was a hint? :p Anyway. It was kinda fun though, between Matt pulling faces every five seconds, and me feeling awkward, and her telling him to tickle me so I'd laugh... it was pretty much just the time of our lives! ;)
Anywho... I just felt the obligation to blog since I was informed that I never blog anymore (probably because between working with delightful tourists constantly and talking to Matt every spare second, I don't have time for such things! Plus I've been feeling kind of blah about my ability to write. I'm 97% positive that my blog used to be a lot more interesting than it is now, because I'm not... expressive enough? Or something? Idk. I'm feelin like a blog failure, so I avoid it at all costs. :p)
BUT! I had to relay the good news. I have a dress. And engagement photos. And a cute fiance. And a lot of the wedding party clothes. And a dress for the wedding brunch. And a cute fiance. And an awesome mom. And a cute fiance. And wonderful family! (And a cute fiance. ;) )
Ooh, but since everything was going so well, I decided to lose my wallet up North to keep things interesting. And it did! Spiked a few stress levels, instigated a wild goose chase across Utah County, and maybe even inspired a few tears. And lots of prayers.
Good thing there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, right? My social security card (which, I know, I know, should never be in your wallet but occasionally is in mine anyway) is still safely tucked away at home and I got my card cancelled and issued a new one... I'm just driving illegally for a little while without my license and maybe need to call the bank again since I realized my checkbook was in there too. And my Maverik card. And one for Maggie Moo's. (My life is over! Right?)

Please bless that Yellowstone comes up much faster than the idea of five days away sounds.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweet Shannon. Loved this newsey Blog...Is that a word?....I cant wait to see you in the pictures and in the dress!!!! Soooo exciting.....You are great at expressing yourself so know that you are an awesome blogger.
    thanks for sharing the good news....WE are excited for Yellowstone and will be looking forward to a great big hug.....We are going to Cedar City Sunday night so we can leave Monday for Aunt Sarlas......Keep in touch...Love you more and more each year......Grams

    ReplyDelete