Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Megan: "You need to post or something"

.



Me: "I don't have anything to say!"
Meg: "I love my little sister Megan. She is so awesome!" (Said in a southern accent.) ;)
Megan, you are a wonderful little sister and I love you!

I've got some pictures (from my phone... still 24 more days until I have a NEW CAMERA!!!) (Woah, hold the phone. Did you guys realize there's only 24 days til Christmas??? Holy December! I officially miss having cable or TV of some sort because I sorta love those 24 days of Christmas cartoons and cheesy movies.)
Anywho, off of the soap box, the other day my friends Tabby and Shay went with me to Wal-Mart because my mother doesn't love me two trips of Wally World's worth. ;) (I don't blame her. Even though she totally missed out on quality, mutual WM hatred bonding. :D)
We happened to stumble upon the candy isle, without even trying... (weird shifty eye look)
And BAM! My future birthday present was born.

Sorry for the total lack of picture quality here. 24 more days. (Enter super excited squeal here.)
Also, the sisters and I (minus Erin who party pooped out of this or something) became real live super heroes. We have capes and everything!

In case you wanted a close up of the glory... also in case you wondered, I have dinosaur powers. So does Marissa. Megan has shooting stars, and Brianne has flowers. We're cool, it's ok, you don't have to say it.

In other news, I went to St. Geezy to stay in the Temple cottage with my grandparents. :) They've been volunteering in the Temple for the week and since I'm a loser with no life not in school or work like the rest of my fam, I got an invite! I went last night, and cute Grandpa Barton took us ladies to dinner. (Much to his dismay, we didn't pick Mickey D's. ;) ) For the record, I still hold firmly to my belief that Chuckarama is better than Golden Corral. (Although the chocolate fountain they just got is pretty persuasive.)
After dinner we took a walk around the temple to see the lights, and look at the Nativity. There were some of THE cutest little boys there with their dad (grandma: "It must be daddy's turn to tend.") and the youngest was sitting on the dad's shoulders staring at the temple. I don't know if tiny kids can feel that it's special, or if it's just a cool building lit up, but he didn't take his eyes off the temple the entire time they were there. Kinda ridiculously cute. :)

Then we went to the visitor's center, listened to the message at the Christus, looked at all the different nativities and tree's, walked around the lights some more, and went home to visit while grandpa watched boxing and basketball.
This morning I went back and did baptisms. It was so nice to have some time to just sit and think in the temple. I love it there! Last time I went I met a lady from Idaho who sat in the women's dressing room and visited while I did my hair and makeup. Cutest woman! I had said I hoped to see her again next time I came, and she just grinned and stage whispered that she was there on Thursdays. I forgot about that until I was walking in and I saw her Raven black hair and blue eyeshadow. :) She blew me a kiss on my way out, haha.

I may have gotten a little phone-camera happy when I walked around afterwards...






Now it's time for Birthday Celebrations for the old man. Popsicle. :) Happy (mumble mumble)th Birthday! :D

2 comments:

  1. So much to love about this post. SO MUCH! Love the pics of the temple and the walmart silliness and the sister superheroes. Oh man. I love you Shan! You make me giggle. (Oh, and I am with you on the Chuckarama vs. Golden Corral thing. 100%!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon. I love, love, love, this blog. The pictures of the temple are so beautiful. I love the temple. I am so glad you got to do baptisms, There is no place on earth where you can feel as much peace and comfort as in the temple. Thanks for being such a choice beautiful granddaughter. Please come see us. We are happy to be so near all of you....Stay sweet....love you so much...Gram

    ReplyDelete