Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Back in Black! Erm... I mean Bryce!

Well... I'm moved out of Ephraim, done with the two days of limbo in Cedar, and I'm settled in at Grandma and Grandpa's in beautiful Tropic again! Today's my first shift for this season, and I'm getting antsy since it's the late shift and I have another hour before it starts. Oi.
It's been this whirl wind of emotions the past few days. For the amount of complaining I did over living with messy/noisy roommates and being sick of my bathroom that has a toilet with serious attention starved issues, I had a really hard time leaving. (And only part of that was attributed to the packing and cleaning blues!)
I need to rewind just a little bit, my roommates and I went on a roommie Denny's run, since two of the six hadn't been on one before... so here's some pictures (Kaytie was in charge of taking them... and we all look slightly rabid. So please pardon our terrifying state. ;) )



The Tenney Sisters!

L-R: Lisa, Kristen, Kaytie, Chelsi, Me, Fabi



Most of finals week was spent helping Matt study (I think I already said that...) which I thought would be educational, but I still don't comprehend half of the flash cards I quizzed him on. (Ok, let's not get delusional. I don't understand 97% of them.)
Besides quizzing, I cleaned. And procrastinated packing. (I'm thinking I was in denial... "I don't have that much stuff, I can wait another day. It won't take long..." Which, in comparison, was true. But I've learned that packing amounts are relative. My small stash of belongings felt like it took eons to pack! Moral of the story? Hire someone. ;) )

Matt was such a good sport with all the girly/high maintenance cleaning we did. (I learned that boys clean very differently than girls. In this case anyway. Or maybe they just had given up all hope of any security deposits being reimbursed.) Matt helped scrub down the apartment and pack up box after box, and move things out. I think my roommates decided they love him now since he helped disassemble their bathroom organizer thing, and reach the un-reachables, and carry the hefty boxes. (Ladies, this is why we date. We need muscles. ;p )

Friday, Matt and I took a break from packing and went on a picnic. Fun right? :) We drove up Ephraim canyon and sat on the tailgate enjoying the sunshine and our sandwiches and fruit snacks. (Totally made me think of the bridal shower game with the 'poor starving college student' picnic. It was pretty much spot on. :p) We hiked around for a little while, and then went back to attempted responsibility. :) Saturday we finished cleaning our apartments and then checked out and hung out for a little while. All my roommates had left and I'm telling you, I'm a total baby! I cried twice just looking at my empty apartment and clean front door. :p Seriously? I need to learn how to deal with change better.
Right before pulling out of Ephraim :) (Promise we didn't
plan the matchy thing. It happens occasionally.


It's been weird thinking about how much life's changed over the past year (I know, I know. I say that pretty much all the time. But it's true! And time is going so fast! And it keeps speeding up!)


So. This summer is going to be nuts, but I'm excited to see how different things are by next year! Onward and upward? :)
Happy Tuesday everyone! Cross your fingers and say some prayers I don't get eaten alive by tourists today. :p (I need to be broken in again!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi seetheart. sounds like you are back in the swing of things... Watch out for those silly tourists, They can be tiresome. Just paste on that beautiful smile and make someone happy today and every day. A smile and a kind word goes a long way. The cleaning and moving home from school sounded familiar. Change can be chalenging. You are getting to be a pro at it. Looking forward to spending some time with you and meeting Matt. Stay strong. WE LOVE YOU..... Gram and Gramps

    ReplyDelete