Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I am about to change your life.


Yeah. It's totally a boy band, and I may have a little crush on them. (Mostly their voices... they look a little thirteen to me.) It's because I missed out on N'Sync, and Back Street Boys. I need an obnoxious boy band phase. Yeah? ;) I just stinkin love this song... I quite possibly woke up singing it. So I'm sharing the love! ;)

In other news... My roommate from last last year tagged me in a post forever ago that I've meant to do. Partially because it seemed entertaining, and partially because I'm probably vain. Slash I feel obligated. And such. :) 

11 questions!
Karlee   tagged me in a post! 
Here are the rules:
* Post these rules
* Post a photo and 11 random facts about yourself
* Answer the questions provided by the one that asked them
* Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
* Contact those you choose, and let them know they've been tagged 

1. I'm in love with a boy band named One Direction. (Oh. Did I say that already?)
2. I remember living on a dirt road in Circleville before it was paved. :p
3. I secretly wish I played the cello
4. I have a slight obsession with porches. And porch swings.
5. I named my car Booth after a rather fantastically handsome character from Bones. (I know. I need intervention.)
6. I love pearls!!
7. I like cooking too, I wish I was gourmet status. (Plus the pearls= Julia Childs the sequel? ;p I'll start working on the voice.)
8. The most listened to station on my Pandora account is a Classical one.
9. I actually really like alone time. Kinda lots. Does that make me a hermit?
10. I really love long flowy hair but I think it probably makes me look thirteen.
11. I love cinnamon flavored things!! (My toothpaste may follow that fact.) 

Karlee's Questions:
1. If you could chose to go anywhere in the world where would you go and why? 
I would totally go to Ireland! I'm not entirely sure why, I've just always decided I should love things of an Irish nature. (Minus drinking shanty's.) Maybe it's because Shannon is an Irish-y name? But I also think the movie P.S I Love You has something to do with it... gorgeous green scenery with a splash of subconscious Gerard Butler infatuation. 
 
2. Who is one person you could not live without?
Only one? Seriously? Um... this is going to sound so rehearsed, but if I can't pick my whole family :p then I'd have to go with.... Heavenly Father? Or Jesus? But in all seriousness, over the past year I've come to realize that Christ really is one of my best friends. (He probably should be my best of the best friends, right?) And I know that without the gospel my life wouldn't mean much and I can't see how I'd be very happy for very long without it and the knowledge that I'm never alone. 
Idk if that counts or not...

3. What is your go to food?
I love pasta. Like... I can't even explain my carb addiction. Especially if it's doused in some seriously heart stopping, creamy alfredo sauce and sprinkled with some shrimp. :p Or garlic-y chicken. I LOVE it. :) Mmm. Who wants to go to Olive Garden?

4. What is your ideal outfit?
Something that doesn't make me look like a Michelin man? ;) No, I really like all those cutesy pinterest outfits with the colored capris pants and all sorts of cutesy accessories... I just don't think I could pull them off. And I love white pants. So let's go with that: White pants, and something teal or yellow and some pearls. :p

5. What is your greatest fear in life?
Considering the fact that I'm a total wuss, that's a tough question. Again, this is going to sound rehearsed and cliche and whatever else... but I think my greatest fear is not being good enough, or being lied to and used. I'm so sick of people using people to get ahead, or just telling them what they want to hear. Some of us are gullible and believe your baloney. :p (Don't worry, I won't get on that soap box.)

6. What is your favorite child hood memory?
I'm starting to realize I stink at this question game, because I can't pick just one of anything. But the majority of my favorite child hood memories involve a whole lot of imagination and pretending to be anything but myself. Most of the time that was with Aubree and Justin and our Three Musketeers-ness. Ooh! Or playing scuba diving with my sisters in our Circleville house. My mom had this Mason Jar of buttons. Not just any buttons, but super cool, goldish colored, fancy looking buttons. Anyone else thinking buried treasure? We did! :D We'd pretend the couches were islands, and literally only stay on the floor searching for 'treasure' for as long as we could hold our breath. :p I'm sure we were even decked out in our swimming suits sometimes.

7. What are your plans for the summer? 
Oh, good question. :) I know this one! I'm working with the NHA at Bryce Canyon again. I've missed those stinky tourists and my crazy work family. :) There's also a lot of tentative plans of driving way too much to visit a certain handsome someone. :p This summer really is so crazy, there's a lot of family reunion-ing, other people's weddings (which I think I've missed most of already) and then trying to squish all that in between inconspicuously spritzing air freshener through tourist crowds and trying not to argue with adamantly wrong customers. ;)

8. Besides your immediate family members, who is someone that has influenced your life the most?
That's a hard one. Ya know that song from Wicked that says "because I knew you, I have been changed for good"? There's a lot of people who have left 'hand prints on my heart', but to narrow it down, I'm going to go with Mrs. Esplin, and Lesa Pollock. Mrs. Esplin was my AP English teacher, and she helped me realize that I like books that are outside of the 'brain candy' category, which has definitely lead to a lot of pretty awesome learning experiences. She was also just a really good friend and confidant my junior year. I remember one time after class she and I were having a pretty serious discussion about something and she got all teary and just gave me a huge hug. So there we are being all sniffly and hugging in her secret office. :p It was good for me to have a good friend outside of family that year. :)
Lesa (AKA "Mama Lesa") is the accountant at NHA, and she was my mom's young woman's leader once upon a time, which is how we decided we should probably be friends. Lesa's been my adopted Bryce mom since almost day one at that job. During lunch breaks I go to her office and we catch up on life, she gives me motherly advice and makes me feel special. :) (Which I am. Ed included. ;) ) She's just another one of those strong women in my life who is an awesome example! (This would've been a novel of those if I could have included family. Cross my heart I'm not just saying that either... you guys are my family, you have to love me. :) I really have been blessed with an incredible family full of support and examples and strong people who show me that you can get through anything with the Lord on your side. :) )

9. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
In five years I hope I'm a little less... naive? For lack of a better word? I'd like to be married and maybe have one child. Maybe by then I will have figured out what I'm doing with life, and be certified in Pharmacy Tech as well as have some further education. :) I think I'll probably still be flying by the seat of my pants and giggling at life. :p

10. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall? Why?
All of them. ;) But mostly Fall. I absolutely love that point in the year when the air starts to feel different, and the lighting changes and it just smells like fall. It's warm and personal and charming. :) I love the fall colors, and the way it feels like things start winding down before winter. Life seems a little bit less fast paced (even though it's still a little nuts) and it's just... magical. It's so beautiful and touching to me. 
I can't just highlight one of them though, so here's a snapshot of the rest. :p
I love winter because it's so peaceful. I think there's nothing quite as serene as taking a walk when it's snowing. (Not like blizzarding, because that just feels like some artic adventure.) It reflects more light and makes everything so quiet! You feel like you're the only person in the world! :)
Spring is just exciting and smells perfume-y and is cheerful in a pick-me-up, the party's just getting started kind of way. And there's lots of cute baby animals! Anything baby sized is cute. Even skunks. (Well. Ok so probably not the typical gross things like spiders and snakes... but everything else is cute!)
Summer is like fast paced, waste time kinda feelings with lots of sun, and water and playing. The neighborhoods smell like barbeque, and I love driving with my windows rolled down! 
 
11. If you were stranded on a desert island for a year, what 5 items could you not live without?
My ipod (which is sad, but I love music), a tooth brush, a razor, contacts, and a magical self-replenishing stock of almond joys. ;)

Alrighty... so I tag:
Sheralee, Aunt Sharla, Aunt Sheralynn, Angie, Aubree, Erin, Lynae, Kara, Michelle, and Katie. (Was I supposed to tag 11? I don't have that many friends, who are we kidding? ;) )

Let me know when you're done so I can read yours! :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh Shan....you are just toooo cute!!!!! i love this post.....I found out some more neat things about you. You really are an amazing person. Hope things are going well at work and that we will get to see you very soon. We also hope Matt will be able to come down again soon. We are going to Cedar City on Wed. and Thurs. to listen to Cameron sing and The girls play the violin......Very windy in Hatch today...Hope you are having better weather at Tropic and Bryce...Love you....come see us soon...Gram.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the random facts and I love reading about your life and adventures. I'm looking forward to the tourist stories. Mrs. Esplin and I had a fun conversation about you a couple of weeks ago. She loves you too.

    ReplyDelete