Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 08, 2012

It's a wonderful life

'Nough said. Right? :)
Yesterday afternoon, I had the awesome opportunity of going through the temple to be endowed. I'm truly so grateful for the gospel, and for temples and for how beautiful and wonderful the perspective that all of the above gives us. :) I'm also grateful for such supportive families who traveled to be there with me. Such an incredible experience! I'm extra super even a little bit more excited to be sealed to Matt, because I think I'm getting a deeper look at how blessed we are and how wonderful forever looks. :) Isn't it amazing to think about eternal life with people you love? Kinda makes everything else in life worth it, right? Anywho, the day was marvelous! Stupendous even :) I met Matt's aunt and uncle, and hung out with them at his uncle's condo in St. George after dinner. They have the cutest daughter(s) (and sons) (just so it's clear that I'm being fair and impartial. ;p) who has a form of autism. I'm telling you, I got the best hugs from that girl yesterday, and she even agreed to hang out with me again sometime. Also, Matt's grandma went on a mission to Germany a few years ago, and she let me pick out a table cloth from the collection she gathered from there. There were so many beautiful ones, it was so hard to pick! Really though, I was born into an amazing family (and I'm not even being biased. Ask anyone. Bartons and Heaps are awesome. :) ) but I'm also marrying into an amazing family. How lucky am I? I was joking with Matt on our drive home last night that I win because I'll get three moms and three dads after we're married. (Blonde moment: he actually gets three moms and three dads too because not only am I marrying him,  but he's marrying me right back! Crazy concept, right?) But we are super blessed and I'm super grateful, and this spiel might be from going through the temple yesterday, but I think it helps that I've been able to go to church two Sundays in a row! (I know. I sound totally inactive. Jobs are great.)
So happy Sunday, and have a marvelous week! Life is wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Shannon , words cannot express how your post makes me feel.
    We feel so blessed to have you for a grand-daughter, and we are so happy for you. Going through the temple with you yesterday brought back so many wonderful memories of grandpa and I working for two years at the St George Temple and also our mission to Gunnison where we attended the temple two or three time a week. You and Matt looked so happy and so rught for each other. Thanks for being such a kind sweet couple. Keep smiling and be happy..Love you so very much....Gram...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan! I am super excited for you, but also slightly very jealous! I cannot wait to go through the temple! Ah I am so jealous! Congrats girl! Wow I am proud of you. :-) How many days are left now?

    ReplyDelete