Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Welp... let's elope.

.

Remember how the wedding planning sounds all fun? Did you maybe see any stress in it? Because I have a story for you. One of my last Sundays in Ephraim, a girl got up to bear her testimony and somehow got onto the topic of engaged and wedding planning and such. (Which is perfectly normal and highly accepted in a singles ward setting, of course.) "I always thought that weddings would be fun and easy, and I'm here to tell you: girl's it's not all peaches and cream like we all thought!" ... No worries. Scare us all into spinsterhood. Anywho, I thought she was being dramatic, but she's not kidding! Yes, it's exciting. Yes, it's fun to plan and see things fall into place. Yes, I'm suuupper waaaayyy (practically illegally) happy to be engaged to my best friend. BUT it is a wee bit on the 'holy crap I totally understand why my hair is falling out' stressful side occasionally. Probably mostly because I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm indecisive and I'm living an hour and a half from the majority of what I need to be close to in order to get stuff done. (Thank goodness for technology and good gas mileage!) Alright, I'm getting off my soap box now. Promise. (Until I start working on figuring out how to design and order announcements again. ;p)
Speaking of thanking heavens, how many people got rain today! *raises hand*
How many people kinda wanted to run outside in it because it's a rare commodity these days? *raises other hand*. Answers to prayers, people. Answers to prayers.

Alrighty. So to further procrastinate the announcement situation... here's a sneak peek at some of the engagements! :p





















 (Ok so these next two were supposed to be facing opposite directions so we could frame them and put them next to each other. All dorky like. :p Somehow we ended up facing the same way though so we're just dorky anyway.)





And by sneak peek, I meant here's a photo barf post of some dorky favorites. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you......I love these pictures and have looked them up three times already. Now I CAN ENJOY THEM EVERY DAY!!!!
    They are really good and it will be hard to decide which ones to use. Don't get to discouraged.. you have got a lot done and you have a beautifully organized mother Who is just amazing at planning and following throught with great things. It will be a beautiful wedding and remember the most important thing will take place in a beautiful temple.....Keep smiling....Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! My favorites are the railroad tracks and the one that Matt is holding you. But they are all really cute/beautiful! Wish we could be with you at the temple today. We are so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! These look absolutely wonderful! You are such a cute couple, and you are very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete