Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 02, 2012

Oh Summer :) Let's get you out of here.


So. Yellowstone was definitely a success. Despite spending like... 90% of the time in a vehicle (not my favorite part of life. Someday, I won't have to be driving everywhere all the time. It might not be til I'm 80, but someday, I will thoroughly enjoy sitting on my butt in a house rather than a bucket seat in a car.) it was a lot of fun! We live in a really beautiful world, ya know that? Even if the beauty stinks really bad. ;)
Matt was able to get work off and come with us, which was fantastic, of course. :) Seriously, having a whole week of like every waking minute together is going to make going back to work today a little on the torturous side, but it was so nice to not have to work or plan for a whole week and to just get to be on one huge date! :p We stayed in Cherene's cabin with all the small children who were stinkin cute, and stinkin hilarious! James and Miranda's daughter, Truly, gave the best hugs ever! (And I've decided that somehow two green eyed people need to be able to have a brown eyed baby. In like five years. Ish. ;) She's got THE cutest, big brown eyes ever! So adorable! Gah!)
I love our family! Hanging out with everyone for a week was seriously so much fun. :) All the giggling and story telling and tears (over Grandma's testimony and her gift to each of the grandkids- a Book Of Mormon with her and Grandpa's testimony and picture in it,) and more giggling. :) We really are so blessed! I love it!
It was nuts how much wildlife we saw, including a rather large grizzly bear! The Graf's were lucky enough to see a wolf in the park too! After spending my study time in The Pearl Of Great Price, and in Genesis on the creation, this trip was kind of extra cool, I think, because you stop and think about how incredible everything in the world is a little bit more.  I love it! Let's go see beautiful places all the time, yeah?
Anywho, my camera died and I've only been able to locate 3 of my 4 rechargeable batteries (special of me, right?) so you're gonna have to wait for the pictures. I don't even know how many good ones there are since I was either distracted, twitterpated, or more distracted. ;) I forgot it at the cabin or in the car the majority of the time and then mentally slapped myself when we'd see something GORGEOUS that I couldn't take a picture of. (Like the super green, super beautiful waterfall place.)
I'm sure someday when I find batteries and post pictures, I'll ramble some more about Yellowstone. :)
Another part of the trip (for Matt and I, anyway) was visiting with Matt's family before and after Yellowstone. We stayed in Springville Monday night with his sister, Mallorie, and his other brothers and sisters (Kade, Carson, and Miquelle) came over to hang out- which consisted of lots of story telling and lots of laughing. Ooh and some Sonic shakes. ;) They're so much fun to be around! I'm pretty much lucky to get to join them. :) They're hilarious, I doubt there's ever a dull moment at their house. :) Saturday, on our way home, Matt and I stopped in Cottonwood Heights to visit his Mom and step dad, and his Grandma Benson. :) They're so kind and down to earth, it was really fun to finally meet them! (Between my schedule, and his schedule and their schedules it's just never worked out to get together until now. Haha at least we all got to hang out before the wedding, right? ;p) His grandma was a hoot! I loved being around them, especially when they got telling stories and bustin' out the childhood pictures of Matt. You'll all be happy to know that I'm the proud new owner of one of those 'Lifetouch' bookmarks with a rather full-of-himself looking, seventh grade, picture of Matt. :) (Much to his protest. Haha, "What are you going to do with a bookmark?" "I read lots. I'll use it in my books and then whip it out and show people." :p "Right, they'll be like, 'Aw, is that your little brother?'" "Nah, it's just my fiance." "Then they'll think you're a pedophile." Haha.) Yesterday, we went to his Dad and stepmom's ward in Eagle Mountain for church, and then did some more wedding planning afterward. Sooo much family time in the last week! I've been feeling so blessed that I already have an awesome family, and that I get to adopt some more awesome family! Isn't marriage a great idea? :p I love it. His family has been so awesome and good to me- he must have threatened them to like me or something, but either way, I love it. :) They're cute. :)
Alrighty. I think I sufficiently rambled about the last week, so now I owe you guys the thought barf wedding planning stuff. :p
Right now, I'll be honest, I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I know we're getting married August 10th in the Mt. Timpanogos temple at 2 pm. We're doing a reception that evening in Eagle Mountain, and Jennifer (Matt's stepmom) used to cater weddings with her mom, so she's got chicken salad croissant sandwiches, fresh fruit, and little tarts planned for the refreshments. We're using the same table cloths and centerpieces, which are eggplant (for the tablecloth), and then these cute little illuminated frames for the centerpieces. (Compliments of Pinterest, of course.) Um, we've got the typical arch thing for the Eagle Mountain reception, well and I guess that's what it is for the Cedar one as well. The one for EM is a white picket fence-y one, and the Cedar one is wrought iron. Both way cute! Matt's aunt does wedding cakes, so we're 97% sure she's doing ours for the EM reception, which is awesome! I think it's going to be buttercream. :) We stink at being productive when we finally get to see each other since dates are more fun than planning stress, usually, so we still need to come up with a play list and pick songs for the first dance and the daddy daughter dance good stuff. (Any ideas?) Um, ooh! I've got my dress, Matt hasn't seen it yet, he kinda wanted it to be a surprise. So surprise it is! It's really pretty though! (However, I'll give you this much information. If I want to look good in it still, I've gotta quit eating everything and maybe hit the track a little more often. :p It's super pretty though. Not quite mermaid, more of a trumpet skirt style... ah I'm excited. :D) Let's see... what other wedding details do I have. Um, we've got the candy buffet ready for the Cedar reception and it looks so cute! (And tastes cute! Can things taste cute?) I love the big apothecary jars and all the different glassware, and the candy is all in purples, creams and golds. :) (Which, P.S. are my colors. I don't remember if I told you that yet. Eggplant, ivory, gold and a little black. Classy, I hope. :p) We've got cute purple cardigans for all my sisters and black pencil skirts, as well as ties for all the men in Matt's family. (It was funny naming them off to make sure we had enough ties for everyone. "Matt, Matt, Mike, Mike, Mike, Kade, Carson, Braxton, and Enoch." Mallorie's fiance (who will be her hubby by the time we get married, yeah. Matt's poor family. Two weddings in two months!) is named Matt also, and then all the dad's are Mike. Kinda ironic eh?) For the Cedar reception we're hoping we can do some 'tenting' kind of similar to Aubree and Jay's but a little different, since it goes from the outside walls up to the middle where we'll have a chandelier. Stinkin awesome, right? :D
We did our engagements a while ago, there's a few on Facebook (hopefully that link works) so as soon as we get the disk in the mail we'll get the announcements ordered and mailed out ASAP!
Bridals are on the 16th at The Capitol, and a garden near there, and I have NO idea what I'm doing with my hair. (Aubree! You need to live closer! I need your hair genius!)
The next exciting part of all this is taking out my endowments next Saturday. :) I did my interviews last night, and it was so cool to have my dad as my bishop. Needless to say we both got teary, but it was an awesome experience! I'm so excited to be able to go through the temple with my family and with Matt. The gospel really is so incredible, and so organized and so powerful. :) I'm grateful that Heavenly Father designed things so we could be as involved with His plans as we are. It's pretty amazing when you think about it. :) Anywho, enough rambling, I've gotta 'pack' (to be read as 'stuff everything into my trunk long enough to get it all back to Tropic') and get ready for work. :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very newsey post sweet Shannon! The Yellowstone trip was great wasn't it? You have some very exciting, important day's ahead for you. You will love the Temple and all that goes with it. It is so very beautiful. i love to be in the Temple. It will be so exciting to see your wedding dress. You will make an extreamly beautiful bride. We are so grateful for you. Hope to see you this Saturday at the Temple. Love you tons and tons.....Gram....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shan, I am so so excited for you to be going through the temple, and getting ready to be sealed. Ahhh it is the best best best experience ever. You are so prepared and I'm sure you're going to have an amazing experience. Plus all the fun wedding plans sound really great too! It's going to be beautiful!

    I wish I would've been able to come to the reunion, and I wish I could come to your wedding... so I'm glad everyone is blogging and taking pictures so I feel a part of things! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete