Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wish I was...

knee deep in the water somewhere, with a blue sky, a breeze and only worry in the world "is the tide gonna reach my chair". :p

Ok. Now after that totally irrelevant tangent/title....

I have a story for you!
So yesterday, the girl I was working with and I spotted a really handsome dude. Which isn't really all that uncommon if we're being honest. (An hour after that a Greek god came in. See? Fabulous scenery here at Bryce Canyon National Park. ;p)
So we were maybe giggling about how he was cute, and then I noticed that his t-shirt said something about the Book Of Mormon. Cute and religious? Are you kidding me? Attack!!
So then a few minutes later his dad came through my line and asked
"Are you Mormon?" (Which sort of caught me off guard,)
"Yes, I am." (Smile)
"Good for you, so are we!" He then launched into a random conversation of small talk that consisted of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Montana. Which is where he's from. (Aubs, I thought of you!)
So I hand him his receipt and send him on his way, and he gets all of five feet away from the counter and I notice him pushing his son toward my register with a book (It was hilarious, he was practically stage whispering "Go! Go!" to him.) His son just so happened to be none other than Mr. Religious and Attractive!
Don't worry, this isn't even the punch line yet. No sparks or anything, just politeness. Not even real flirtatious politeness.
Then when he started walking away I noticed his dad standing around the corner of the first display, half-hidden and grinning. Awkward? (I literally started singing "match maker, match maker make me a match... find me a find..." from Fiddler on the Roof.)
So I told my co-worker about the whole encounter, and after we giggled I said "Well. That was awkward, but he was attractive, so if they want to arrange marriage, I'm ok with it."
"Darn! You should've put your number on his receipt!"
Giggle giggle... and so forth.

Two minutes later, guess who walks back in?? Yup. Mr. Religiously attractive.

"I have a question for you..."
"Ok?" (Smile. Pretend I'm not freaking out a tiny bit inside.)
"So, I'm leaving on a mission in about a month, and I just wondered if you'd write to me?"
(Really? Oh dear.) "Sure!" (Smile still plastered on my face.)
"Ok," hands me a paper with shaky hands, "here's my address."
"Thanks, and what was your name?"
"Morgan, you are?"
"I'm Shannon..."
(Blah blah blah)
He asked for my mailing address and I kinda sorta gave it to him. (I may in fact be a total idiot for giving a stranger contact information. You can shake some good sense into me later if you wish, because by then maybe the effects of good looking-ness will have worn off.)

So. There's my story.

For a minute I was feeling pretty flattered, but then I wondered what number on the list I was. And how many other girls his dad flung him at.
And if he's just trying to rub girl letters in the other Elder's faces.

Either way.
Mr. Handsome came back for me. ;)

(This is how I felt aaaaaalll day. ;) )

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! That is so amazing!!! I can't stop smiling. You should start writing him before he leaves and talk on the phone a few times and start a romantic long distance relationship and then write for two years and the get married.

    Okay, maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. But that was a really cute story, at the very least. And you should feel flattered. And giddiness is also an approved feeling. ;) FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon!!! Whaat a neat experience. Keep in touch with him by all means. Sometimes the magic starts just like that. Can"t wait to see you . Miss YOU AND LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH. KEEP SMILING;} GRAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! can't wait to hear what happens when he goes, and COMES back from his mission!

    ReplyDelete