Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Life at NHA has taught me some things...

Namely, don't look anywhere below peoples faces. I don't care how cute or bright or catchy the pattern of their clothing is, or if they're wearing a gaudy necklace. Stay within the safe bounds of their face. Deal? Deal.
Secondly, never read the t-shirt writings. Unless you enjoy four of a word that starts with f on one shirt.
Thirdly, society is sick twisted and obsessed with disgusting things.
Also, society is kind and sweet and good still survives.

I'm telling you, I will never be shocked again! The total lack of shame in some people is a little horrifying sometimes. I think I blushed more than I ever have in my whole entire life all in one day!
On the bright side though, there were more cute little kids!
A brown eyed boy came up and peeked over the counter with his messy hair do and cute little glasses perched on the end of his nose (he totally looked like a miniature old man!) and proudly set a t-shirt in front of me. So I smiled and said how are you and he just grinned shyly. His dad told me that he's been saving for a long time so he could buy his own souvenir. Do we think that's incredibly adorable? Yes, we do for sure. (And how!) ;p
So I rang it up, and he pulled out this tiny blue, leather wallet. I was so impressed when he carefully counted out the perfect amount of bills and change. He seemed so little! Little kids can't be that smart! (Except for they always are. It really amazes me how intelligent children are. In institute, Tuesday, we talked about how we need to be grounded and well read so that we can teach our future families, because children always learn. Whether we're teaching or not.)
Speaking of intelligent kids, this little Asian boy (probably seven-ish?) figured out the exact amount of change from listening to me tell his dad how much it was, and watching the amount of bills his dad handed me. He figured it out before the computer did- I kid you not! (Albeit, the computer has been a tiny bit sluggish. But still, I know for a fact I never did math that well. And still don't! China is going to rule the world someday, just because their kids are all super geniuses. Just you wait.)

Now, rewinding a little bit, the fourth of July was actually better than I expected. Maycee and I had to work, but the victimized feelings are soothed by the visions of a paycheck after 8 and a half hours of overtime pay. :p I even had a few people tell me they appreciated that I was working and friendly even though it was a holiday. (See? Nice people still exist out there. Think of that, and cool your jets, next time you're cursing humanity like I do sometimes. :p) A positive for working the fourth, was that we had the morning shift so we still got to watch fireworks that evening. And we had cute little firework watching buddies too! (Maycee's niece and nephew came with us. Cute Peytie kept informing us "I can't hear!" because she wanted to hear the loud booms. And poor Gavvy never did get situated to his liking. It's hilarious, that boy has zero emotion, I swear! "Gavin, do you like the fireworks?" (Deadpan expression) "Yeah." (Maycee said he had the same bored look on his face when they went to Disneyland. Even on the roller coasters. Haha "Gavvy, are you scared?" (expressionless) "Yeah." :p They're super cute though.)
Lori brought her new baby girl too. Paige is only 2 weeks old! And guess who got to snuggle her? Yup, be jealous. Because there's something warm and fuzzy and ridiculously happy about holding a tiny baby.
(Seriously, Heavenly Father is a total genius. And life is such a miracle!)
But, I'm going to get off, and go read some text. Fun fun. :p

2 comments:

  1. Shannon I absolutely LOVED your blog. You are learning some very important life lessons. i loved your comment about holding the new baby. It is quite magical isn't it? You are such a choice young woman. I am so very grateful to be able to call you my grand daughter. Please stay as sweet, clean, beautiful and smart always as you are now. Love you with all my heart....Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to see you at the YSA Stake! Thanks for hollering at me. I think I'm speaking in your ward on Sunday, but I'll bet you have to work. Oh well, I'm sure our paths will cross again. I'm coming, modestly dressed and with a pleasant attitude, to purchase a post card one day soon!

    ReplyDelete