Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Remind me to never be shocked again.

Because I think I've officially seen everything, since working at Bryce.

Holy smokes people, who knew such poor people could afford vacations? How do I know they're poor you ask?
Oh that's an easy one.

They wear no clothes. No big deal.
(Said with eyes bugging out of my head. Looking slightly green too. Haha)

Also, I think I'll have a stomach of steel. Sometimes people smell funny.
And sometimes by funny I mean vomitrocious.

But, on the incredibly brightly positive side of things, I really do love working at Bryce. It's a little stressful at times and exhausting, but it's so interesting to people watch so many different cultures and ages and... whatever else. Haha I can't even think of the word I was looking for now. I may have fried my brain.
Ooh, today this adorable little kid came up to the counter and plopped his souvenir down and then handed me a gift card. The cards all run like credit cards so you have to sign for them, and he had THE CUTEST little boy cursive signature. And he said "Thank you ma'am" when I gave him his receipt. Stinkin adorable!

Then there was another cute little boy who came up "'Scuuthe me? Where'th the whithle that hath a magnifying glath?" (Lisps are cute haha.) So I took him to the kids section and showed him all the whistles until he found the one he wanted. Then he said he had to go talk his mom into buying it. :p He was probably only fiveish? And he's already figured out that he can persuade his parents into purchase. Sad isn't it? :p

Also for the record I love that I get to live with one set of grandparents, and I'm close enough that I get to make little trips to Hatch to visit the other set. :) I'm a lucky duck, I believe!

1 comment:

  1. hi Shannon, I have been so busy catching up on the garden and housework that I have not even looked at the computer. Loved your post. You have such a knack for writing. You will be published some day for sure. Thought we would see you on Sunday on your way back to work. {sad face}. Please come when you can. We miss you...Love Gram

    ReplyDelete