Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

"Awkward Encounters at a Sandwich Store"

That's what I'm naming my book. (Aunt Cherene! Sandwich Store! It's not quite as good as precariously parked previous prophets. I'm working on topping that one. :p)

Today I had this fine vehicle pull up...
(Sorry it's a terrible picture. It was a sneaky one when I took the garbage to the dumpster. Which was definitely a coincidence and not timed or plotted whatsoever. ... Shoot. Had my fingers crossed.)

It's quite the get up, don't you think? The customers were fairly normal. Except one of them was really determined to carry on an in depth conversation about vegetarianism. What sandwich was he ordering? Oh, just a meatball marinara with extra pepperoni. Irony is grand.

Then there was the baby mama guy who wanted to know if I wanted to go into business with him and sell a baby. Wrong on SO many levels. ("No thanks sir, what kinda veggies do you want?" Goodness. What do you even say to that? "Security! Secuhrity, get him out of here." :p)

Last year there was an older man who came through drive through and winked at least seventeen times during the order and five more when I gave him his change. He also tipped two dollars for a five dollar sandwich. Poor lonely guy? Strange creeper? You decide. :p

There are also some interesting workers at "Scubway". Once I was in the back doing dishes, minding my own shy-new employee business when the guy I was working with went in the front of the store.
"Come watch the sunset with me." Crackled over the headset... erm... no? I'm busy working, sir. :p 

One of the guys I worked with made knife throwing a hobby when no customers were at the store. Never mind that prep needs prepping, or that tables need cleaning, or bains need restocking (I feel like saying 'bain' makes me sound like a nerd.) Luckily his targets were usually the chip boxes against the back wall instead of something more obscure. Or human. 

Work places are so odd sometimes. I just thought I'd give you a preview of my next novel in progress. ;p

And now to make you all infinitely jealous...

Yummy? I think yes! Last night (and possibly the night before *guilty/sheepish look*) I went to Tabby and Shay's apartment and we dipped chocolate strawberries. And instead of popcorn we had strawberries in sugar. Because we always need more sugar in our systems of course. ;)
...
                                                     


We watched He's Just Not That Into You last night. I don't actually endorse that movie because there might be some cheating on a wife, and total NCMO relationships... but there is some sad sad truth to that movie. It's kind of hilarious in an infuriating way.
Let me explain. No no, that would take too long. Let me sum up. :)

"We are all programmed to believe that if a guy acts like a total jerk that means he likes you."



 "I just need you to stop being nice to me unless you're gonna marry me." 


"I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting. "


(Preface, this is at the first of the movie when they're showing a bunch of examples of women lying to each other trying to make their friend feel better when a guy isn't interested. :p)
African Woman #1: I'm sure he just forgot your hut number!
African Woman #2: Or was eaten by a lion.
African Woman #3: You guys are awesome! 



(Preface number two. :) This is two women being interviewed and discussing being dumped.)
Angela: They just so sneaky that you think it was your idea.
Frances: Yeah. You're sitting back and you're like: "Oh, yeah. This my idea... But wait a second, why am I alone? Why am I unhappy?"
Angela: "Why have I gained 20 pounds?"
Frances: They Jedi mind-trick you. 




"Calling when you say you're going to call is the very first brick in the house you are building of love and trust.  If he can't lay this one stupid brick down, you ain't never gonna have a house, baby.  And it's cold outside."

"It's very tempting when you really want to be with someone to settle for much, much less -- even a vague pathetic facsimile of less -- than you would have ever imagined.  Remember always what you set out to get and please don't settle for less.  These guys exist because there are a lot of women out there who allow them to."

See? Mostly dramatic, and silly quotes. But it is kinda true. In a dramatic, silly sort of way. :p I laughed until I cried. Definitely a good movie for my mood on men lately. It reminded me I don't like them, and then wrapped it all in a happy ending that made me think maybe dating is ok after all. Which, in my opinion, makes the movie a success. 
I mostly just like the eaten by a lion and dumped discussion. It made me giggle.
Then we climbed onto their roof to stargaze for a minute and talk. I've missed serious talks with friends, it seems like it's been forever. 

But. Now that I've rambled and dramatized quotes and made you jealous and previewed my novel. I'm gonna  go read my cheesy romance novel. 
(I probably should re-think that romantic detox thing.)

1 comment:

  1. i lve love LOVE that movie! especially the two big black ladies...they get me everytime lol

    ReplyDelete