Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Spit fires, bad head lights, and accents!

Here's an update of my life:
-eat
-sleep
-work
... repeat. :p

Except I'm mostly just exaggerating those, because you've gotta add hygiene, and hanging out with Grandma, and working out with Maycee....
I really am enjoying my new job, but it's making time fly sooo fast! I'm already a week into it and I swear I just moved in two days ago!

I had Saturday off so Friday night I drove home to Cedar- which is where the bad head lights come in. (Erin brace yourself.)
Beuler, the beastly white buick, has headlights that have brights that are the equivalent of someone else's dims. Therefore when you're driving over Cedar Mountain, in the thick of a forest and someone brights you- the road temporarily vanishes. And you might tinkle in your drawers a little bit. But as a bragging right, I don't think I said even one bad word! (Not even when the giant monster buck ran in front of me either! :p)
Saturday we had a tea party that Bri planned for us, which was cutesy and really fun. (Thanks Bri!) But it made me think about my family, and how much everyone's grown up and how that's sort of really weird when you still think B is a baby but she's really a nine year old, and the twins who were 'Ham and Cheese' like, yesterday, are now going to the High School, and Ernie, who tattled that you maybe told her to not wash her hands once is a big bad Senior! Strange, isn't it?
Also this weekend, my dad drove around the used car lots with me and looked at cars. The second the word "cute" escaped my lips, I think he figured I'm doomed. ;) I'd like a semi decent looking car, so sue me. (Does that make me selfish p.s? Because I actually just feel bad now because I think I should be a humble grateful poor starving college student-ish person who would be happy to drive a junker. But I want a cute car. Darn it all...)

Today I worked with 'the sisters', Shirley and SheRon. Maycee pretty much covered it when she told me Shirley is a saint, and SheRon is a pistol. :p Shirley gives ten minute hugs, and SheRon is secretly a really nice woman while all the while telling you how she's going to roller skate to h-e- you know the rest. :p I love working with those two, until lunch time comes because we get laughing so hard I'm either going to choke or pee my pants. (I can't decide which would be worse.)

It's been so much fun to work at the Visitor's Center, because you see and hear just about everything. 
Truly.
Like how a good percentage of women don't feel the need to wear underclothing...
Or old men run around in shorts that I'd blush to be seen wearing (that short!)
Or parents leaving their children at the visitor's center and running three miles down the road to Ruby's... I didn't know I was at a day care center too. ;)
I've seen some of the nicest, cutest little foreign people... and some of the worst. I think some people think it's their job to make everyone else in the world completely miserable. And they're pretty good at accomplishing that too.
But what makes this job so much fun is the little old man who says "Ze most beautiful sing in ze store is your eyes. I tell my friend that. Sank you, sank you." :p
See? There are perfectly nice people out there.

Also, I just have to comment on this. Again.
Is it just me, or is everyone getting married?? Goodness, I missed the memo apparently. Which is ok, because I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm way too immature to get married. Give me two years. And then I'll go on a mission, and maybe by then I'll grow up enough to join the masses in holy matrimony.

Until then? I'm going to go finish laundry and play some piano. :p

(Also, is it just me, or is this post totally lacking in dazzle and allure? Yeah, I'll get to work on spicing the blog up, I promise! It's just not been the same since my poor camera passed. ;p)

1 comment:

  1. HI sweet,beautiful Shannon, great blog. sounds like you are doing a great job. I knew you would. Hope we get to see you soon. The younger sisters and I are turning the cabin upside down. Getting lot's done. They are sooo cute and so helpful. I love having them here. See you soon. Much love ...Gram

    ReplyDelete