Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

As of Late...

I went to a concert! Which is sort of silly, because the CD costs under half of what concert tickets do... but do Cd's allow you to become overly close with random strangers of questionable soberness? Do Cd's give you adrenaline rushes? Do you get to sweat and sing at the top of your lungs with Cd's? No, and thus the reason for purchasing a concert ticket. (Ok, so that last reason was sketchy. I'm sure I've sweated and sang terribly and loudly to a CD before.)

Firstly... I didn't even want to take pictures of the opening band, Pop Evil. They were absolutely stoned beyond all reason. Mr. Lead singer/ crazy eyes made me kind of want to cry. But mostly I just laughed, because while it probably shouldn't be funny to watch a group of stoners on stage, it sort of is. One of the guitarists had the most beautiful hair. Tara heard about how much I wanted his hair, at least five times. 
(Ok. Mr Crazy eyes is on the left, the one next to him is the guy who looks better in sequined  tank tops and white skinny jeans than I ever will, the dude next to him is kind of not memorable, the fourth guy over is the one with beautiful raven, perfect-for-whipping-back-and-forth, locks of jealous inducing feelings. And the last guy- he's the stripping drummer. One second he had a shirt on, then BAM shirtless sweaty gross drummer man. And there, my friends, is the summary of Pop Evil. Insert vicious obscenities here, and it's complete.)
Next was Theory of a Deadman. Who I didn't really know very much before hand. Now I think the lead singer is attractive in a strange punk/rocker, potentially gay man sort of way. Also I love his voice. And the cool old fashioned microphone that he used for the voice distortion parts of songs. 

Mm... v neck t-shirts never looked so good. :p

Then was the moment you've all been waiting for. 
Yeah. 
3 Doors Down. (Screams and rocker hands and all sorts of excited jazz.)
Preface: I LOVED 3DD  in middle school and freshman year. And I've now officially re-kindled that love with a lost voice and ringing ears! 


They were SO amazing live! And since I actually knew them I got to scream the lyrics alone with everyone else! Which is sorta really fun. Even if the weird high looking man with the nasty long curly hair that I kept inhaling is hogging everyones space by elbowing.

Next was Denny's. For two hours. Because Tara's boyfriend was there. :p Oh love. What the twitterpated nonsense. ;)



(Also, we painted pumpkins the other night. And I must show off.)
Preface of the Pumpkin Painting Process. (How was that for alliteration, Aunt Cherene?)

Ok, so this just looks mildly emo. Which is because it sort of is. In my Junior history class my friend and I doodled stuff like this instead of listening. (Please younger people, don't follow my example. Promise you'll regret it. Although you'll have some entertaining sketches.)
Like this one. Hence the painted pumpkin. 
Creativity is kind of fun I decided. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie, I have been busy and not feeling too chipper so I havn't been on the computer for a few days. Sure love you and love your beautiful pumpkin. You are totaly artistic..... The concert looked almost scarey to your old Gram..."Come see a fat old lady some time" {John Wayne quote]
    Love you..... Gram.....

    ReplyDelete