Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 09, 2012

Happy Easter!! This has been such a beautiful season, despite it's less then spring-y weather. :) It was kind of fun to stay here and go to the YSA ward for Easter Sunday and hear everyone's testimony of their Saviour. Isn't the gospel magnificent?
I just wanted to throw out a little Easter epiphany, and then I'll move on to the monotonous journal-eque update. ;)                                                                                                                                                          
 
Yesterday I had "O Savior, Thou Who Wearest a Crown" playing through my mind (appropriate for Easter, right?) and a line in the third verse struck me.
No more can Satan harm us,
Tho long the fight may be,
Nor fear of death alarm us;
We live, O Lord, thru thee.
I guess I kind of always thought it was sort of like in the millennium and Satan won't be able to hurt us because "poof!" he'll be gone.
Not so much... I realized that it's because of Christ's sacrifice that Satan can't harm us. Satan can tempt us, and he can lead us to sin, and he can help us misuse our agency... (sounds maybe a little bit harmful, right?) In the end, though, he can't harm us if we employ the atonement. Jesus Christ suffered for me, so that Satan's influence can't harm me in the big picture if I repent. Christ's sacrifice is what gives us any hope at all- it's what brings us back onto the right path and gives us light. Yes, Satan has influence, but I have the atonement. (Take that Satan! :p )
I'm grateful for the life, and ministry and atonement of my Savior and friend Jesus Christ. It is because of him and his gospel that my life has meaning. Happy Easter! Let's carry on this feeling throughout the year, yeah?


Ok, update.
The Spring Ball is this weekend! Chelsi and I got brave and asked attractive fellows, but that's not even the best part. Are you all braced?? It's a MASQUERADE!




Yeah. Seriously, I know. That's possibly the greatest thing ever! (But wait, that's not all! ;) Chelsi has really awesome, really pretty, really theatrical masks from New Orleans! And I might just get to wear a super awesome one with dangly beads that make me look all mysterious. (Or ridiculous) and I might be overflowing with excitement.)

Also, I just got done with my service hour for the day at Snow's child care, "Little Badgers". Um, I just sort of love that. I think I'm gonna keep going even though I reached my quota. :) Alexis (read as Awexss) and I had a coloring party complete with McDonald's slides, her house, and lots and lots of 'fwowews' (flowers. Seriously, I love listening to that girl talk! She's three-ish, and has the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen! Such a doll! She's always smiling but it's one of those obnoxious cheesy smiles that kinda just makes you giggle. Which is awesome. Giggling this week is awesome. (Read as, "if I don't giggle this week my brain will explode from homework stress. My math professor is trying to murder me and so small children are a marvelous distraction!")
She and I sang "Happy Birthday" at least seven times (But don't tell, I don't have enough cash to pay royalties) and made play dough cats. And ducks. And snakes. And flat things that were supposed to be my house. Obviously the economy is still deflated. ;)
I seriously can't wait to be a mom sometimes, kid's are stinkin hilarious. Not to mention, they have this magical capability to give the best hugs in the world that make you feel ten gadrillion times better about yourself. :) They're pretty great that way.

Sorry, I'm completely ADD today, but I wanted to tell you about the Red Balloon challenge.
There's a group from a school in the East(?) who are traveling to different campuses and doing this challenge. It seems like a good plan, partially because a bunch of red balloons in the plaza makes everyone think, "Party?" and that's always a good thing, right? ;) I met a girl who asked if I had time to listen. Sounds mildly sketchy, right? I mean, respect for other's values and beliefs is a good thing, but that doesn't mean I want to be overwhelmed with pamphlets or anything...
She asked me what I thought truth was, and if I'd write it on a red balloon. Then she asked if she could talk to me more about truth, and how I felt about the Savior. She listened as I bore my testimony that I know he lives, that his atonement is what makes returning to Heavenly Father possible, and that his example and his word is the way I want to live. (Her testimony was very similar. :) ) She then challenged me to read the work of John in one sitting (holy mackerel right?) and to read it with the eyes of a child. We talked about how sweet and trusting children are, and how teachable they are. They way her face lit up as she spoke of her love for the bible because of Christ's words made me stop and realize, "Oh yeah. Remember how not just LDS people have the light of Christ? Remember how every person on this earth does?" She thanked me for visiting, and wished me luck in classes, and gave me a free smoothie coupon. :) It was kind of cool to be able to bear our testimonies on the same thing, even though we're from different religions. I have a quote in my room that says something to the effect of it's not okanywho. I just thought it was kind of fun. I love people, and I love knowing that Christ loves people too! :) (God be thanked for the matchless gift of his son, right?)

Happy Monday!! Good luck with school and homework and making dinner and work, and difficult people, and Monday syndrome and life! :) 

3 comments:

  1. A masquerade!!! That sounds like so much fun! I wish that I could ask Mason and then we could also go, but too bad. we would probably get kicked out for being too old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI SHAN, The dance sounds like great fun. Hope you really enjoy it. I loved your testimony of our Savior. What He did for each and everyone of us is amazing and really difficult to explain or fully understand. I thank my heavenly Father for The life and mission of His son all of the time. I try every day to be more like him. Wouldn't this world be a wonderful place to live if everyone knew and loved our Savior? Someday that will happen . We just have to hang in there until that time comes. Keep that beautiful smile on that beautiful face and every day will go better and better. Love you ....You are in our hearts and in our prayers. Keep in touch..Love Gram.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great Easter. As you might know we hauled cows friday and saturday so Sunday was a great time to remember the Savior. We are truely blessed! Have you read Elder Bednar's talk on the atonement in the Ensign. It is worth the time and effort. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete