Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sometimes I have a dream.

.
And in that dream, I come up with a brilliant blog post title.
... Then I wake up and in real life I can't for the life of me remember what that title was.
I'm not sure if that means I'm overly invested in blogging? Or if some may say I'm a dreamer... (but I'm not the only one.) ;)
Anywho. Basically I'm here to catch you up on life, because I know you're all so riveted on every word that I speak. Type. Whatever. (Sarcasm.)  because I have spare time between homework which is unusual and I have lots to ramble about!
First of all, remember cute ward clerk boy? We might be dating a little bit. And remember the Spring Ball that I had all sorts of reservations about because I'm not huge on dances and I was pretty much coerced into asking Matt to go with me because Chelsi and I just wanted to wear her really cool genuine Mardi Gras masks? Well it turned out to be stinkin awesome!! They had it decorated so I felt like maybe I didn't miss out too bad on Prom due to moving out of Piute county. :p It was Phantom of the Opera-y in decorations (ya know, giant chandelier, massive organ... rose bushes...(? Ok so maybe rose bushes were just a nice extra touch with no attachment to Phantom. Unless you get creative.) They even had free carriage rides! Cutesy? I think yes.
(Ok, just kidding. Roses are totally involved. On purpose.)

This is just because I found it to be rather comical.
... And mildly upsetting.
(No worries. This in no way depicts my date. ;) )

In other cute ward clerk news, we've been on lots of walks lately which has made me decide I need to be much better at working out. It's not as much fun to walk and talk if you're wheezing. The other night we went on an "adventure" and climbed trees outside of the library. Silly? Immature? Yes. But it was so fun! It was kind of hilarious to see people's faces. (It ranged from disgust, to amusement, to sheer terror. ;p Ok, so maybe not sheer terror... just minor terror.) 

Stake Conference was last weekend as well, and it was soo good! I should just whip out my notes and reenact the whole thing for you guys! :) Elder Wilkinson, as in "Tyler, A Real Hero"'s father, was our visiting authority. His wife is such a sweet heart! This Stake Conference included a Relief Society meeting- which I thought was kind of unusual?- and was so great! They talked about developing our spiritual, social, and intellectual favour with God. I love Stake Conference. :)
Yesterday for FHE we combined as a ward and went to a woman's house in Manti. She's been taking care of the plants that are going to be replanted at the monument that's just been built across from the temple. Two hours, lots of mud/turkey poop fights (boys. rolls eyes) later we were sore and tired and finally done! :p The cool part, though, was how I seriously didn't see how I'd have time to finish everything if I went to the service project. (At that point in the day I didn't know it was a service project though.) After I came back from the service project I finished all my homework and went to bed 'early'. Blessings rock. :)

Now. Onto a totally random note... I love child care!! Little Badgers lets students sign up for volunteer hours and I might have two a week still. (I needed them for a service project as a final in Sociology but I'm finished with it. I just can't stop going though! I need small children to keep me sane.) Today was hilarious. Chance (one of my favorite brown eyed boys) was so silly today! Usually he and I just "woooaaah" (read in a higher pitched growly voice) at books and sprawl out on the floor. Today he was all over the place and played catch (to be read as 'bean Shannon in the head with a ball') and made a play dough cake with me. There was a new girl Emeree (never heard that one before) who helped me make my paper air plane do a "loop-de-loop". (It was quite successful. ;) ) She was making something for me out of play dough and I couldn't watch, but I had to leave soon so I told her "Ok, but I have to go to my class in two minutes!" and smiled. She just stared at me for a few seconds blankly, and then in a burst of words she said, "Ok I'll tell you! I was going to make you a heart cupcake." Smiled, went back to blank stare.
Seriously? Kids crack me up. Emeree and Elaina fought over who got to give me the last hug (resulting in a good five minutes of back and forth hugs. Totally fine by me.) So stinkin cute!! They also had to rattle off their schedules of when they'd come back next so I'd know when to come back and play. :) CUTE!
Maybe I'll have to decide to major in Elem. Ed after all! (That or start my own day care... or just borrow peoples children occasionally.)
(See? Aren't you thinking about who's child you can steal to get a hug from now?)

2 comments:

  1. HI SHANNON!! Just love this cute blog. You have such a nice,fun way of writing about your adventures. The conference sounded wonderful.. We had Stake Conference this week-end also. It was great. The dance sounded like so much fun. Keep bloggind. Love this way of keeping in touch. Hope your weather is better than ours.,,,finally sinshine but lot's of wind. Keep similing and remember how much you are loved....Gram...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're having such fun dating adventures! :) Plus other adventures too. :) And i can never think of post titles. I think we should do away with them altogether. WHO'S WITH ME?!!?!

    ReplyDelete