Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 02, 2012

I can never think of witty titles...

.

Plus my life is seriously lacking in taglines lately. So there you have it. Boring titles to almost as boring posts. ;)
Conference was GREAT wasn't it? If you missed out you definitely need to watch it here! My family had tickets for Saturday afternoon, and so my roommate Chelsi invited me to her house for the other sessions. (She's from Magna.) Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles, our YSA Bishop had two extra tickets for her! Maybe not so coincidentally, her tickets (as well as cute ward clerk's) were the exact same section as my family's! Crazy, right?
Thursday when I sluffed classes, Chelsi and I did baptisms in the Salt Lake temple, because I've only been to St. George and Manti. The Salt Lake temple is GORGEOUS! I seriously can't even do justice with a description to how beautiful the baptistry was. :)
                                        
Then we proceeded to party (without our red solo cups, of course) for the rest of the weekend! Her family is great and fed us well, and played board games like crazy! It was so much fun to just pretend math didn't exist (or homework in general for that matter) for a weekend. And I totally survived driving in a place bigger than St. George! Are you proud? All those Grammie Marilyn prayers for safety must have worked! ;)
Unfortunately life doesn't let you pretend it doesn't exist for very long.
AAllll day long has been a library, scramble to catch up, kind of day. :) But that's ok, cute ward clerk boy took me for a ride to Manti and then came and studied by me for a while.
Also, in case you all wondered why my little heart is overflowed with excitement (because you could totally tell, right?) my marvelously magnificent mecaenas, Marty is coming tomorrow! (P.S if you think mecaenas is a made up word, no worries. I'm definitely on your side. But thesaurus.com said it existed, and I needed an amazing alliteration to impress Cherene my aunt. ;) )
So. Now I'm going to get back to researching the history of yoga and listening to corny country cadences (I'm on a roll, right?). But seriously. I'm listening to my George Strait station on Pandora, solely because I miss my daddy, and it makes me feel warm fuzzies and remember about a million memories!
Happy Monday!! (And happy Tuesday, and Wednesday, and.... :) )
(When I've got more time I've definitely got to recap my favorite talks. Seriously, so great!! Don't you just love all of them? I wanna give President Monson a hug. Especially after that magic wand stunt he pulled.) :D

4 comments:

  1. Conference was sooo great! Loved it all. But how did I miss this magic wand moment you speak of? Shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conference is wonderful. It is fun to be there right in the same room with the prophet! Glad you had a great week-end:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Sweet Shannon, We are settled in at good old Hatch. The cows are here and Grandpa is doing better than we thought. If he will just not try to do more than he should we will be fine. Love your post about conference and that was so cute when our great Prophet left his blessing on all of us with his magic wand wasn't it. Hope your visit with Erin was great. She was so pleased with all that happened and is really excited for next year. Keep up the great work!!!! WE are so very proud of you. When will you be coming home again. Let us know so we can arrange to go to Cedar to get a hug and an update on you life. love you tons and tons....Gram.....

    ReplyDelete