Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 16, 2009

FACELIFT! No, not me... heavens no...

This blog of mine has officially received a face lift.
Purty exciting right? I thought so. :)
So it is in fact almost 11:30, so what in the world is Shannon doing posting?
Well, she's catching up. This week has been so long, and it's been kind of rough as well. But hey. That's how life is. :) "Life is like a roller coaster- you can get on and go through the ups and downs, and the unexpected turns; get sick and scared- or you can stay off. But what fun is it to stand and watch?"
Exactly. No fun to watch everyone else have fun. So here goes nothing I guess.
School is death. Except for not, I actually secretly really enjoy it (although the homework still stinks.) And I am absolutely determined to give it some effort once more. For a while there I have to admit I wasn't really trying all that hard. I'm not stupid, so why was I letting my teachers think I was? Math is still my most infuriating class, it honestly feels like a foreign language ninety seven point three percent of the time. (P.S. Did you know that 87.449% of all statistics are made up on the spot? :p haha... Yes, yes... hilarious isn't it? Of course that's mainly because I'm exhausted. So I'm gonna go to bed. Soon... I think.) So back to my rambling... Oh yes. Math. I take notes (make lists, and figure it out! :p) Fortunately Jake is crazy enough to want to major in math. ;) Which is perfect because while I get help with math, he can get help with English. I think it's a rather fair trade. Actually, most of the time when we hang out now, it's doing homework. Which is good, and bad. Good because, hey. I'm passing math. Bad because who wants to do homework anyway?
I have a couple of things that I just thought I'd let you all know. I like to call it my cure for the blues.
A) my favorite scripture. Well, one of them: It's D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought. Doubt not, fear not." Um, self explanatory. Basically that one scripture can solve just about anything.
B) A long hot shower, and a really big bathrobe
and last, but obviously most importantly
C) A HUGE mug of hot chocolate... Cinnamon preferably. :)

On to bigger better things, I cannot believe how fast time is going! It seems like just yesterday Aubree, Justin and I were the little three musketeers playing 'huskies' in grandma's basement. I keep having all these sentimental flash backs as of recently. It's only kind of flustering because I just so happen to be related to my father, and therefore my tear ducts work perfectly well. :) And now Justin is about to send in mission papers, and Aubree is talking about graduation and cosmetology school! Where does that leave me? A sad, lonely little senior for next year, I suppose. :) Just kidding (mostly). I'm excited for life and growing up. I just wish I could rewind and savor those happy little kid moments again. I just found the most FABULOUS piece of "Flair" on facebook: "Kindergarten... where the definition of drama was someone stealing your crayons."
Haha. Hey, you can steal my crayons anytime. :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the facelift, it is about time you show off some of that creativity!

    ReplyDelete