Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life of a not so starving college student.

.

So I love my roommates. They're right up my alley when it comes to treats... but unfortunately that means on top of my super healthy mac and cheese, my weight watchers' worst nightmare enchilada stuff, and my overly large amounts of peanut butter granola bars, I'm eating scotcharoos and cupcakes like a mad woman. Plus Tori and Sami and I know that girl's night isn't complete without some Pinterest recipe experimenting.
Hence thunder thighs that no amount of yoga 1 can remedy. (I should just break down and run when I get home from classes but I'm lazy and kinda exhausted by then.)
Basically, "I love myself and I hate myself. But my diet starts tomorrow."

 (Click here if you don't understand that reference. You definitely need some educating. :) )

In other news, today I got to listen to Endre Hegedus play in a Convocations class instead of going to my College Study Skills class. (Yet another reason why I love Nathalie, the professor.)
He's a Hungarian musician... and I sorta think he's probably a genius. He fits the profile... little old man, wild grey hair, awesome accent. All in all, rather charming. I invited Sami to come with me, and we decided he's the cutest little Hungarian pianist we know. (Since we know so many.)
He had every piece memorized, it was INSANE to watch his fingers fly over the keys. Insane.
I just remembered how much I like classical. It's just so... emotional. You can feel the story that composers were telling. I absolutely love how much passion there is in the music.
Since I'm all converted today, you're gonna join me. (Please? :) )

And now me and my thunder thighs are headed out to yoga. Wish us luck... we need it.

(Does it make me schizophrenic that I'm referring to my thighs as people who need luck? I should go to bed VERY early tonight.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beautiful chick...... sounds like you are going great guns....We hope you are enjoying your classes and your new life at Snow. Time really goes fast when you are so busy. We miss you and hope you can come home for a week end sometime soon. Thanks for being such a sweetheart......
    Remember how much grampa and i love you. We havn't been to Hatch this week but must go soon to pick up the mail.....Keep working hard in your classes and having fun while you are at it......Tons of love...Gram...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, winter is just hard. It's cold outside and the last thing you feel like doing is exercising. And the first thing you feel like doing is curling up with a blanket, a movie, and five warm chocolate chip cookies. Well, at least that's how I feel. Blegh. But I am with you, I'm trying to fight it. The urge to stuff as much sugar in my face as possible. Haha. It's good to know I am not alone in the fight. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness.

    I just watched the Harvard Sailing Team video and DIED laughing. Thank you for enlightening me to their presence on this earth. I think my life just improved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so great? Haha it's my favorite. And I'm glad the handful of cookies thing wasn't just me. :p seriously I finish off every girl's night treat single handedly, and walking across the street to class is as strenuous as my work outs get. I even took the elevator up one flight last week... Oops!

      Delete