Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This post

goes out to the prying, music stealing, attempted hand holding, mean teasing males of America. And other humanized nations.

Let me make myself very clear. In fact, by doing this I'm granting you a large favor men. So listen up.

You're driving us all nuts. If you ask what's wrong and we say nothing, ask again. Sometimes we want you to prove you really care and wanna know. However, when we've said, don't worry about it, nothing, I'm fine, it's sort of none of your business, etc... we pretty much want you to just hush up and walk the other direction.
A prime example of what not to do would be, eh, I don't know... sending "You're so rude for not spilling your life story to me- my testosterone levels are ridiculously high for my age but I control it and be nice anyway, blah blah blah blah..." (Yes, perhaps you're 'nice', sir. But you're a total handsy action oriented fellow. So the previous statement holds no significance in my eyes.) Just sayin. Those sorts of texts usually don't work.

Also when someone looks like they're about as cuddly as a porcupine... don't press your luck with an unwanted hug. A- it just messed up my hair. B- ew. and C- You're gettin a little over eager and although the first "Are you ok" was considerate of you, the following MILLION gestures were a wee bit superfluous.

-Now- :)
On the bright side, State Choir was actually sort of fun. We went ice skating... (Wait. I suddenly decided I can't remember if I already rambled about this. If I have just pretend you care, and skip over it. :p)
Ice skating. Oh yes.
There were three kind of people. The super macho show off type, the 'I just broke every bone in my body because I have no balance with this madness' kind, and the type that probably could have been fine by themselves but clung to someone else -usually the show off macho ones- in order to get some much needed previously neglected human affection. Even if it was fake affection.

One boy looked like he was about to eat a baby, he was so angry from falling a bajillion times. A chaperon lady fell and got a concussion, one girl face planted, and another girl was glued to my arm and nearly killed me a lot of times. :p And then I skated mostly alone... until Mr. Clever boy discovered that the music playing at the rink was most opportune and fortunate for him so he'd ask a girl to 'dance'. Which basically entailed holding hands and skating during the song. Smooth huh? Haha, I should've thought of that one. ;) And thus we have the quote: "Woah! I held five hands in one night! I'm a playah!!" "It was ice skating. It doesn't count." :p

So I just found out today that we pretty much stunk at state. We got a 2, and two 1-'s. Ha. So much for quality. But hey, we've got quantity and I figure as long as you have one of the q's you're good to go. :)


So. Now that I've sort of ended on a nicer sounding note... I'm gonna go hunt down some prozac. :)
Have a nice Tuesday.
Even though it snowed.

1 comment:

  1. BLEGH - stupid immature annoying high school BOYS. I'm glad you are above all their ridiculousness.

    Your stories make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete