Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Just because. :)

Hello there readers. Chosen few. :p (Emphasis on few I'm sure.)

I was writing letters to a couple of friends who are in the National Guard and are at Basic Training right now- it's so strange to think of my friends going places like that. We're supposed to be little still, trying to pick between the slide or the swings at recess, right? But here we are, growing up and moving out into the world. Making mistakes and living life- finding out who we are and where we're going. Because now we're doing it for ourselves. We don't have parents to enforce curfew or take our car keys and ground us if we break a rule. This is us. We're the rulers of ourselves, and we have more responsibility now.
I found a scripture a while ago, it's now one of my favorites. D&C 58:28, "For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward." I love that. We have power. But it's not just any power, it's the power that comes by living the gospel. The power is that of God's presence with us wherever we go, because we've been taught guys. We know all the 'primary answers'. Yes, we're entering a new world of freedom and independance, but we've been given the rules and guidlines all along because they're the life vests. They'll keep us from drowning in the world. The power is in me. It's in you. We're moving into a time when we are our own agents, and as long as we do good- as long as we're active examples of our faith, and as long as we serve the Lord continually- we can't lose our blessings and rewards of safety and happiness.
I'm so excited to move out, but I've been more and more uneasy as the date got closer. It's next Saturday, and even though I don't feel ready, I know I have a friend with me through all of it. :) And so do all of you.

I just wanted to share that with everyone today, because it made me feel so happy. :) Have a beautiful Friday! On with the weekend! ;D

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a lovely inspiring post! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete