Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thank Heavens for the Priesthood and good friends.

Yesterday I got a call from one of my best friends sounding rather hysterical, asking for my dad's number. Then after a few more phone calls I found out that one of my other best friend's dad had just passed away and they didn't know how or why but they needed a blessing from my dad since she's at college at SUU. It was such a shock, and I got thinking about how I used to be at her house all the time when I was little, and cooking with her dad or teasing and laughing, and I have to admit it really upset me. It's always been hard for me to not feel awful when someone dies, even if I didn't know them. I just always feel so bad for those who are so close to them, and I thought of my friend who's just starting college and her little sister who's only in middle school. It hurt. I missed my dad a lot and realized how grateful I am for my family and how much I miss them; how grateful I am for the gospel and knowing the cliche of "they're in a better place". I'm so glad that we know about the plan of salvation and that we know the big picture is more than just this life. I'm sure it's a happy reunion for him on the other side, and there's so much comfort in that.
I'm also so thankful for the preisthood, I just felt so. Blech. Ya know? And I could always go to my dad for a blessing, but he was sort of two hours away. So I asked my roommate and some of my friends if they knew anyone I could call, and some friends from Delta said they could give me one if I wanted or they could call a bishop for me. It was so adorable to watch them be so reverent and almost nervous. You could tell that they hadn't given blessings many times. Afterward they all gave me hugs and said- probably three times at LEAST- that if I ever needed anything or a blessing that they were always there. I always have friends close by to go to if I need to. They were almost giddy about it, so excited to be worthy to use the preisthood, and I just thought "Wow, this is so neat. Guys this age that are good, and excited and preparing for missions." It was absolutely adorable. I love them. :D

So. Thank Goodness for good wholesome friends and the Preisthood. Amen. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for being a good example to me and to everyone! You're awesome. And the priesthood is amazing! We should take advantage of it more. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete