Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Feelin Hot, hot HOT!

And St. George is feeling pretty warm too. :p

Just kidding, St George is hot, I'm the not. :)

I have a great work story. It's called, "Shannon and Maycee: Born Heroes. "


Sunday, the man with the baseball cap and a Monopoly mustache came into the bookstore. "This shirt has a hole in it, I just wanted to see if I could return it for a new shirt." Maycee pointed the general direction for yellow 'Utah Rocks' shirts and headed to the misfit cart of all Bryce Canyon product to drop of the holey shirt. I hadn't heard this exchange very well, so when the man came back and said something to me, smiling with a blue sweat shirt in his bag, I didn't think anything of it. Maycee came back, and something seemed suspicious, about the man so I asked if he had exchanged a sweater.
"No, he traded a yellow shirt that had a hole in it for a new one."
"Hmm, well he just walked out with a blue sweat shirt."
Maycee may have had smoke coming out of her ears. I won't lie, dishonest people get my goat every time.
 This one, in fact.

Monday morning smiling Mr. Monopoly came into the store with a bag that held a sweat shirt. But it wasn't even the blue stolen one! He had a grey zip up hoodie, and he looked at me smiling, but nervous. I'm super glad Maycee was at the counter when he asked if he could return it because I think I would have done one of two things: ripped him a new one, or aided in a second shop lifting heist. (Probably the second since I stink at confrontation.) Mayce asked him if he had returned a yellow shirt the day before, which he vehemently denied. Of course. 
"Yes, you did sir. And we saw you leave with a blue sweat shirt."
More vehement denial.
"I'm sorry sir, but I can't let you return this without a receipt."
"So you're not even going to take it back??" (Mr. Monopoly meets Mr. Potato head via angry eyes)
"No, I'm sorry. Not without receipts."
Grumbles and walks out. Sir, I'd like you to know we're not total idiots. Do you really think you can pull the wool over our eyes again? We giggle too much, and possibly quote too many movies, which gives the impression of moron-ism but I promise, we're smarter than the average cookie.
Later that day, Maycee and I were talking to one of the interps, and brought up the suspicious Monopoly mustached man so the Ranger called Law Enforcement. Many questions about 'what time was it, roughly, when he came in the first time' 'The first exchange was a yellow shirt and he took a sweatshirt? Then the second time it wasn't blue. Right?' 'Have you seen this merchandise before?' (Leading us to a random stash in the library of the building.)
During my lunch break I had to make an emergency run to Ruby's so I could pay my first born for something I know I could get for half the price at Wal-Mart (frustrating beyond all reason) and when I walked to my car I saw Mr. Monopoly with one of the L.E's walking to the officer's truck. I'll admit, I had the fleeting thought that he could not see me, because then he'd just know it was Maycee and I that turned him in, and he'd come after me with a vengeance of 1,000 ax murderers. (Or something equally dramatic. Basically I was scared he'd see me.) So I pulled out at a not too quick, but quick enough burst of speed and made ZERO eye contact. 
Long story short, he's no longer hosting at a camp ground in the park, and Maycee and I feel like we're in a movie or something. And we should get a raise. :p

In other news, guess where I got to go this morning! (St. George? Yeah good guess, but I told you that so it doesn't count.) 

I swear, it's been a whole year practically since I did baptisms in the St. George temple! It did make me miss Manti a little bit, but it was so good to get back to my temple. :) It was just as beautiful as the last time I got to go! They've changed the baptistry furniture to mirror the time period the temple was built in, and I'm in love with it! It looks more simplified, and royal and old fashioned and beautiful! My friend from Piute went with me, and he hasn't ever seen "Cup Cake Girls" before so I dragged him to the visitor's center so I could get all teary over it yet again. I don't think it'll ever get old to me. :) 
Now I want to have a sister trip sometime (like maybe when they're on spring break or something) and be brave and drive Northward and do baptisms at a bunch of the temples up there! Especially Oquirrh Mountain Temple since we got to walk through the open house. 


Really though, how cool would that be? We might all kill each other in my little Saturn over that many miles, but maybe the temple spirit would help calm the kill each other vibes. :p
And now I'm just chilling on Tara's bed waiting for her to get done with classes and tests so we can party! :)

2 comments:

  1. HI SHANNON! Great story, You have so mamy interesting experiences at Bryce cannyon. Love the pictures of our beautiful temples. I am so glad you love to go and can feel the special spirit that is always there. The sister trip sounds fun. It would be one of those special memories that would last a life time. Stay beautiful and happy. Love you so much ...Gram...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that is a cool story. We should call you guys the Enforcers. Yes? Yes.

    The temple is awesome! I fully support your temple tour idea. :) That would be really fun!

    ReplyDelete