Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 20, 2009

No soap, radio!

Perhaps I've been posting slightly obsessively, but I have recently decided that blogation is on the theraputic side of life.

Today is a rather long-ish day. Was. It's still going technically though, right? Erin and I went with a friend from Piute, Alex, and Alex's friend Brenda to the midnight premeire of New Moon. No offense ladies and gents, but I don't know that freezing for a while in line outside only to go and sit in the theater for another two hours was worth it. Taylor Lautner, I will admit, is probably the highlight of the movie. The special effects are kinda cheesey, and Bella still sorta reminds me of a man. But it's ok because New Moon was always my favorite book of the series anyway. Idk why. Maybe ripped warewolves are just simply more appealing to me than sparkly cold 'Badpires' (Just in case you're not familiar with said badpires, it's an allusion to a story of my cousin's childrens playing Twilight. Gavvy and Carter were Badpires. They're practically too adorable for their own good. Avery was probably Bella or the really princess-y beautiful Rosalie. ;) She's cute.)
ANYWAY. Where was I. Oh yes. Midnight movie. On a Thursday night. With school in the morning. Thankfully my parents were very nice and precious and merciful and beautiful and all that good stuff, and took pity on us for going to bed at around 2-ish and let us sleep in and miss first period. Unfortunately AP English (which by the way if you laughed at me saying 'allusion' on a blog, that stinkin class is to blame. Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up chuckles, but if you were in AP right now you would so be in the same boat as me. It's mostly pathetic. I find myself analyzing commercials now. Hallmark channel is the best for that in case you wanted to know.) is second hour and we had the big test for Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. (TIP! Spark notes are lifesavers, but it stinks lots to try and read the summary of an entire book the morning of the test. Moral of the story? Don't throw grass at Nate. (copy righted by Brother Jones. If you don't get it, say 'don't throw grass at Nate' about a million times in a sing song voice. You'll get it eventually.))
So I was really tired and just didn't really feel like caring too much about the test as long as I don't get below a C and get grounded :p and I decided writing essays are much easier when you don't care. Probably because then I'm actually breathing normal still and not in a bundle of tense nerves. Next time we're in class though we have to have another debate. Which is cool beans and all, I like debating. Arguing is my forte. Supposedly. :p Although I guess that depends on if you're asking my family or not about that. AP debates are pretty intense though. Jason gets all excited and Marissa giggles and Saxon brings pages and pages of notes (even if their point is besides the one at hand :p) and Page asks me if her points are better than Saxon's every five seconds. Yes, debate is fun. If you consider feeling slightly on edge and fairly annoyed and held hostage fun. :p Last time it was after reading 'Life of Pi' by Yann Martel, which I recomend :), and we debated whether or not the book made us believe in God. This caused much panic for a moment because how could Venice EVER try to convince anyone God didn't exist? This time it's whether or not we believe Frankenstien's monster was justified in his crimes. If you're unfamiliar with the book, now is an excellent chance to check out the previously mentioned sparknotes.com. I voted yes he was justified, since the monster was technically equal to a new born. A really big, ugly, eloquent new born. He hadn't been taught what to do with the life that was bestowed upon him, or what emotion was, or how to control it. He wasn't taught right and wrong. He acted out like a little child, but since he was massively huge his tantrums consisted of murder and fun stuff like that. This should be an interesting argument. I think Saxon's on the opposing side. Him and his stinkin belief in communism. All I have to say is don't vote him into any part of the government ;) Jk. I'm sure he'd be... influential.

Wow. Side note: this is kinda a long post. You can all abandon hope of anything productive right now probably. Cuz I'm still in the mood to ramble. So buckle up for safety... and hang in there. :p

Just so you all know, I'M EXCITED FOR THANKSGIVING! And it only has about... .002% to do with the food. All I really want in that category is the pumpkin pie and pecan pie... I'm just excited to see everyone. Quite frankly I miss Frank. Frank being my dear cousin Aubree Ann. :p Somehow she had the audacity to graduate and leave for college without me. ;p And I misseth her. However, the third to the musketeers is missing. But it's for a good cause of course. I just can't believe Justin is on a mission already. I feel like yesterday we were little obnoxious kids in the basement 'dwounding' in blankets and making forts with the cardboard tube thing. And getting freaked out from Lon Po Po or whatever the foriegn Little Red Ridinghood book was called. Or going on a pickle elf hunt, or making up plays or singing Land Before Time songs for our live audience of rangled parents who were always good to pretend to love our grand performances. Can you tell I'm feeling rather slightly REALLY sentimentally nostolgic? This is nonsense. But its really weird and bitter sweet nonsense. :p

Now I think I've finally bored myself so I can stop rambling. (knock knock) Orange you glad I didn't say banana? And that I'm done? :p

Wow. Sleep deprivation.

5 comments:

  1. I miss Aubree also. I also miss you dropping in to visit Aubree. Sometimes growing up or I guess others growing up makes me a little sad, but excited too. Thanksgiving will be fun.
    SheraLyn is the writer of this comment if you were wondering. I can't figure out how to get Lloyd's name off of here. Oh well it makes it kind of funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! that was even better. How did my comment come up as Sheralee? I don't know if I will ever figure this out.
    (SheraLyn again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this comment is actually from Sheralee this time! that was strange when I pressed the leave a comment button and saw that I had already wrote 2!! :) haha. Anyway, I just had to mention that one of my favorite musketeer memories was the movie that involved the interprative dance of a nerd. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Always there....... Someone you can count on, to comfort youuuuuu......... Always theeeerrre...... Like a great green valley..... You can come home tooooooo.... I'm always there....."

    that is my memory of the Land Before Time performance. With that little tape player with the microphone attached. Oh yeah, I sang in that choir. That was AWESOME. Oh and the giant cardboard tube!!! Best toy ever. I wonder if I'd even still fit in that thing. Gooooood times. Thanks for the memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha im so excited to come home and see my crazy wnderful anything but boring and all around incredibly amazing familia!!!! im lucky to have all of you and the good times we shared :)

    ReplyDelete