Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 16, 2009

SALES ARE FROM THE GODS!

Down East Outfitters are my best friend of the hour. First the red tags saying, "Pick me! I'm on sale! Great deal, that's me!". I thought that was good. But THEN (If by some weird random chance you're standing, I strongly advise you to plop upon a seat for this next portion.) there were these little signs that the sales clerk lady with the crazy pop star hair... well, sorta... pointed out: "If you didn't think you should pick me before, you most DEFINITELY want to pick me up now because while you think $10.00 is a steal, it's now cut completely and undoubtedly IN HALF! Yes, ma'am, that's right. There are brown paper sacks in the corner in case you're one of the hyperventilating type." (That's exactly what those items of clothing said to me while practically jumping off the racks. And no, my lovely readers, I am not high nor schizophrenic. Just a lucky shopper.) Truly ladies and gents... those stinkin shirts were practically begging me to test how soft they were, or how nicely my body made them look. :p (Clothes don't make me look good, I make THEM look good. :) That, girls, is one of many secrets to boosting self esteem. Tell yourself that a few times a day and PRESTO! The feelings of infinite worth just come bubbling out. :p)
Now this story is sounding like the happiest story in the world, right? Of course right. However there is a catch.
I didn't actually need any of the things I bought.

... Although I'm sure I could rationalize until they are needs.
For example: That really super cute skirt? Sundays just wouldn't have been the same without an autumny colored skirt. And the brown and blue 3/4 sleeved shirts will make me the smartest student because I'll feel so classy. :p In my nice longer sleeved T-shirts I will accomplish all sorts of "getting-ready-for-college" type things.

But for now..... I'm just going to eat some dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! I just went Sale-crazy over the weekend too. In fact I just posted on my blog about it. Hey if it's 30% off, and it's for three days only, how can you not capitalize on that??!! A similar rule applies if it's $5. You pretty much have to get it if it's only $5. I'm in full support of your purchases. And thank you for your insight on you making the clothes look good. I should think that way more often! Youre an inspiration, Shan. Also, let's start thinking of a time and possible locations for our photo shoot. I am excited. Maybe you could wear one of your new purchases. Or many of them. Multiple outfit changes. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete