Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 04, 2010

After the Christmas break...

they send you back to school.

And it's possibly the worst form of academic punishment available to mankind. I think it's a conspiracy. "Here, go away for a few weeks... neglect your studies and have fun eating holiday food and celebrating. But once you come back, you'd better not be tired or fall asleep in my class or talk to friends you haven't seen since 'last year' or any of that fun madness. School, people! We're at school!"

Ha. Funny isn't it? Well... when the teachers get reprimanded for so many failing students (don't teachers have a quota of A students they have to fill to be a licensed teacher? They should. :p) then the joke's on them. Heh. Heh. Heh!

Anyway, if you can't tell coming back to school today was a bit tough. In Nutrition we did a diet analysis- just what I needed after a holiday (rolls eyes). English we discussed "Of Mice and Men". Which I suppose I appreciate, because tragedies are good stories too, but it made me cry and I think the ending stunk. Especially the last sentence. (Haha, now all of you are going to either google that or read the book. My work here is finished. :p) And then A Capella was chaotic, as usual, but he actually expected all ninety-something students to be silent and consentrated on the music aptitude listening test thingy for almost half an hour straight. That was intense. Truly, it was all we could do to keep from dozing off. Adult Roles was ok. That class is one of the most entertaining. Maybe from the people, maybe from the open-ness of everything and maybe just 'cause 90% of the topics covered are really awkward and people's reactions are either annoying or entertaining. Spencer definitely adds to the value of the second. :p

And now I'm home, and the post is now officially finished- consider yourselves updated. I have to go do homework.


Eventually. :p

1 comment:

  1. Going back after the break is HARD. Really hard. I was so affected by Christmas break withdrawals today that in a flurry of emotion I almost quit one of my jobs! I was like, "I need a break! I can't work five days a week, are you kidding?! Hey I know, I'll quit my job!" Thankfully I came to my senses before it actually happened. But it was a close one. The moral of the story is to stay in school. And eat chocolate (but don't write it in that stinkin food journal, muah ha ha).

    ReplyDelete