Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The necessities of life :)




A letter from a missionary, a popsicle and a computer. Yup, that pretty much covers the bases right?

I got a letter back from my cousin Justin today!! (Exclamationitis warning: this statment couldn't stand on two alone. Brace yourselves, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D )
He's such a cute Elder. Dear future wife of Justin, you are one lucky gal! He's basically adorable. He even sent me a pretty leaf from the Toronto autumn tinged trees! (Which is probably to be attributed to my dear Grammie Marilyn, because that's where I learned to save pretty mementos from nature. :p I went riding with my dad Saturday to help move the cows off the range- more about that later- and I saw a pretty rock. It was all i could do to stay in the saddle and restrain myself from pocketing the pebble for my Grammie.)

As for the popsicle... well let's just say with our ice cream kiss deal my apartment got sick of ice cream so we went with a new frozen treat this time. :p

Wasn't conference beautiful? I adore how I'm finally catching on to what's been here all along, and realizing the awe of prayers being answered directly through conference. It really is modern day scripture. One night when I was reading in the BOM it occured to me that when it was abridged a lot must have been cut out. Albeit, a lot of it was repeated lessons and principles through God's foresight, but that means each word is in there for a reason. It's all significant in one way or another. It's the same way with conference. They're inspired in behalf of all of us. And even if it isn't the huge "Oh my gosh they're talking to ME" moment for you, whatever it is they felt inspired to say is generally important to every single person listening. Isn't that wonderful?
Here are some of the 'snippets' that jumped out to me. :)

"God will force no man to Heaven"
"Not my will, but thine"
"To obey is better than sacrifice"
"Observe with exactness, not selective obedience"

"It is our duty to be in the world- not of it"
Elder Edgeley
"The choice of peace is the choice of faith"
"Faith is a verb" :)
"While I don't know everything, I know the important."
"Bridge the gap and move forward."
Elder Duncan
"The only secure road comes from Trusting and obeying the Lord"
"Don't look to the arm of flesh for advice- look to God."
"Our very salvation hangs on following the prophet"

"Lose your life to find it, because the found life through His atonement is the one that will bring us the most joy.

"Take heed, watch and pray... no one of us is immune to the world."
"The road to discipleship is not for the spiritually faint of heart"

"Faith chances every day activities to a symphony of joy"
"We become who we want to be by being what we want to become."
"Righteous Character will endure for eternity" -be patient when God lets you suffer in order to grow.

"Be still, and know that I am God."

"The adversary is jealous of our power to beget life..." Thats why he tries so hard to thwart our worthiness and spirituality in that area. I love how The Family: A Proclamation to the World came out so far in advance though, what a testimony builder eh?

So so many good things! That's not even half of my notes. Well, and keeping in mind that this is just tiny quotes or points that I really loved. Conference was grand!

Wanna know what else is grand? Today's weather! Check it out!





Also on Friday my sisters came through and Brianne got to stay with me... here's some photo documentation of our antics.





P.S you should also know that B spit her shake everywhere, and then I shot some out my nose. We maybe should control ourselves in public.





Also my apartment had a party today. This you've gotta see.



And me and Sam are happy :D

3 comments:

  1. Hey you're wearing my skirt!!! I love all the pictures!!!
    Luv Ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome post and you are really doing it right there Shannon girl. You are incredible and beautiful and spiritual and making it the best!! Thanks for just showing how to get it done! Awesome you got a letter! And a small colorful piece of Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that missionary! He is maybe the best ever. Maybe I'm bias. I just love him.

    And yes, conference was AMAZING! I always look forward to it so much. And it never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete