Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not like you haven't already noticed or anything...

But I'm pretty much totally losing it. I rock out to Adam Lambert. Ya. What's wrong with me?? Actually just If I Had You. It's quite grand. Also, Sami just introduced me to other marvelous songs of the day: Waka Waka, by Shakira (it's just so catchy!), and Feel the Rush, by Shaggy. (Because who doesn't like Shaggy?)

Anyway. Back to planet Shannon... Remember that dating madness post? I went on a date with one of the cute A10 boys after that. Tyler and his brother Trever took Jill and I on a date. We decorated 'team jerseys', went on a picture scavenger hunt (which included telling Gene the Walmart greeter to say no if any other crazy kids asked for a picture with him, dressing Tyler up as a mannequin, climbing onto the furniture displays, attempting to promote vegetarianism with the biggest slab of meat we could find, finding a headstone with the letter 'q' on it- which p.s. there's seriously only like two in the whole entire cemetery), taking silly pictures on play ground material and debating on whether or not we should find cows. Then we made dinner and dessert at their apartment (complete with a wicked giggle prayer, and then a re-do), and then went to a black light dance. In which I nearly lost my drawers to a giant inflatable obstacle course. Yup. Diving through a hole and getting stuck in some puffy pillars can be pretty rough on the waistline.
It was grand.

The next day I hung out with another fun guy, Ryan from choir, and we watched 2012 with his new sound system stuff. That. Movie. Is gonna be the death of me. I swear. Haha, it's like suspense and frustration and PARANOIA! Yup. Definitely that last one, I was sort of searching for a word, could you tell? Haha I found it!

Sunday the Institute performance Choir, 'Arise', had the opportunity to sing in a fireside at one of THE coolest churches in Spring City. Seriously, it was absolutely gorgeous with the best acoustics. It was one of the most spiritual evenings of my life. There was the sweetest most peaceful feeling in that chapel, and listening to the testimonies of my peers and hearing my own just sort of bubble out (I had a talk prepared and then I noticed nobody else used a talk form so I just sort of winged it) was so awesome. We sang 'There is a Green Hill', 'If you could Hie to Heaven', 'What Shall we Give', 'Who is this Babe'... it was so beautiful. I love it, I'm so glad I get the chance to be a part of those moments and feel that spirit every day in choir. It's an awesome setting. Not to mention the awesome friends and good company you can find there. :p



So. I just took my test and went through all my classes. And I don't mind being frank with you, I'm exhausted. So I'm gonna go veg on the love sac and soak in the closed eyelids/ not moving/ curling up under my blanket moment. :)

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment