Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Oh dear. Dating Madness.

I think I'm ready to be done.
Can I just take a "W" on it? (On account of it's gettin a wee bit flustrating Haha. But hey. At least there are grandious stories from the experiences.)
Exhibit A:
This one time I went on a date-ish type deal with a fellow of whom we will not name for privacy purposes. For the sake of non confusion, we'll call him Carlton. Carlton and I drove Sid my Sexy Saturn up the dirt road past the Elk Farm on an expedition to find the Mines of creepy awesomeness. In case you weren't aware of the fact that Saturns aren't mountain cars- they're not. Long story short... flat tire. Bent rim. Carlton was kind enough to hold the flashlight while Shannon changed the tire. Yup. She's just awesome like that. Later, Carlton and Shannon discussed the fact that she doesn't even really know him and what if he's some crazy serial killer and now she's lost in the hills with him. Carlton then proceeds to tell Shannon all sorts of 'revenge on ex girlfriends and people who have crossed him' stories. Well, Carlton. I've had a perfectly lovely evening. This wasn't it.

Exhibit B: Randolf. Randolf is a perfectly nice, gentlemanly fellow. Problem? Handsy just off mission have to break the dry spell disease. Or somethin like that. Randolf invited me to watch a movie one Sunday evening, and considering the fact it was a church-ish movie I figured it'd be fine. So the second we sit down on the couch out whips Randolf's hand, palm up sitting there on his knee. I swear it was practically staring me down. It looked like some creature ready to strike and capture my fingers in a crushing embrace. (Yeah. I'm feeling super dramatic today. Can ya tell?) Also, Randolf tried to kiss me I think. When he walked me home. After the first time we hung out.
Exhibit B, subnote 1. (I make up words sometimes.) Next dateish thing with Randolf. I was going to go for a walk with him later, but then he called me before then and I was on my way to the temple to take some pictures. So he came along. Strange? Possibly. But at the moment I didn't really mind so much. So he gets all hand holding happy... and so I get all camera happy. And everyone knows when you get camera happy you have to move around lots. And occupy both hands. And walk in opposite directions of Randolf's. Awkward.

Exhibit C: We'll call this one Jack B. Nimble. Hehe. Clever eh? Jack for short.
Jack asked me to watch a movie with him at his house in Manti. So I drive over. And he promptly puts his arm around me. (Are you seeing a pattern here? Do I just come across as easy action or somethin? Geeze fellers, give me some space. At least work up to the arm around me stuff. It flusters me.) So he was all cuddly and stuff during the movie... and then he asked me on a date date. And took me to 'Mystic Hot Springs' in Monroe. Which, I admit, felt delightful on my sore muscles. But I also must admit that it was pretty awkward. Partially because I ran out of things to say before we even got to Richfield. Salina was gettin a little sketchy. And so an hourish later we're there. And sitting there trying to come up with something to say in swimming suits. There were these bathtubs under rocks where the water came out of the springs... Jack told me he thought they were from a Brothel, and then I'm sittin in one and he's in the other... and then POOF! Jack and camera were plopped next to me in MY BATHTUB! Not only was he now sitting in my tub with me, he was snapping pictures like mad. Awkward? Definitely. The drive home was awesome too. Truth or Dare because I don't know what else to say... Grand. Also, when he was dropping me off, my roommate and her boy were outside the door too. So it was this awkward juggle of people going inside and people staying outside... Oi. He's really a great guy. He has the same values, and he's considerate and chivalrous, and an RM... but I'm just not feelin it. There is zero chemistry goin on in our schedule. So. The buck stops here.

Basically, I give up. Except for not, because I have another date tonight! Wish me luck! This boy seems like a good one though, so I'm thinkin it'll be better.


Also, since I can't just blog without shoving some more of my pictures down your throat, here are some pictures! :D






Yes. They're kinda random. The weirdie phone/computer pictures? Those were me being bored. Sami and I in our almost twinner yellow awesome shirts? That was just cuz we're awesome. And then Sami? That's cuz our room is freezing.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon I love you first off. Second off I love how you used "the buck stops here". Third off I hope your date tonight was really cool. Fourth off umm well I don't really know except you are awesome and I hope you have better luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are bringing back so many memories of awkward dates Freshman year. uuuuuugggghhhhh. Everyone had someone that they thought I was destined to be with so I got set up on a ton of blind dates (one of them by your dad, actually), and mostly all of them ended up being extremely awkward. Ohhhh boy good times. Dating was all right... but when I met Klane everything changed and suddenly it was awesome! Someday your prince will come. :)

    ReplyDelete