Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Mid life crisis' and plumber's bum.

Remember how Grandma B and I watched Fried Green Tomatoes? Well... we maybe laughed waaaayyyy too much at this commercial. I had to share. 


Also, I have to share this:
"We're just going to bless the food in the pans again tonight. It'll be buffet style."
Grandpa slowly looks over, a half smile with that dimple painting his face, "Well then, you'd better bless it."
"Why, can't you reach the pans?"
Haha I love grandma's comebacks.



Also, I'm having a midlife crisis...





 Except I'm not old enough for one of those, we'll go with a mid-quarter life crisis.
Better.
But don't worry, the internet has solutions...
I'm sure it'll be highly informative. Very helpful.

Anyway, I'm sure you're dying to know why I'm having a mid-quarter life crisis. (Because you're all really really absorbed in my life, right? I thought so. :p (I may need to consider an internet solution for egotism.))
So last night as I was enjoying my cinnamon tooth paste (Hot Tamales aren't enough cinnamon in my life, no judgments please.) I looked in the mirror and suddenly came to the realization that, "Oh my garbage, I'm almost 20??" (Ok. So almost translates into, what, four months and 18 days? That's still less than half birthday status.) I did a double take. I don't look 20... I certainly don't act 20! 20 seems like it should be encompassed by a job, and college classes, and an at least semi molded blob of future clay in your hands...
Hmm. Check on the job, for two more days, not check on college, and definitely not check on the future blob. It's just a regular blob in my hands that I keep staring at as if my eyes have some sort of ESP that will magically transform something from nothing.
Then I was mulling over student loans in my mind. I don't want student loans, I don't want to have debt.
.... Oh my gosh.
I'm in debt!!
I have a car! (A beautiful, beautiful blueberry of a car!)
I'm almost 20, and I'm in debt. Great. What happened to childhood? Who stole that??
Arg.
(Pirate like behavior always helps mid-quarter life crisis' you know.)
But no worries. I decided I don't look like I'm seven, after all, and I still have ten years until I'm 30. Which apparently is worse.
I still feel old.
In a very naive, ignorant, unprepared sort of way.

So, here's to crisis.

(And just because I know Erin will try it...)
;)

3 comments:

  1. Cute post Shannon. You are still a teenager for a few more months so enjoy.........20 really isn't very old you know so don't panic. You are sooo cute. I love the way you express yourself ... LOVE READING YOUR BLOGS.... See you soon...Gram...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how certain age milestones become significant, and sometimes even create a crisis! Here's something to look forward to: after a while and beyond several (okay, millions of) mirror moments, one begins to feel fortuate just to be around to enjoy another silly commercial. Also . . .debt is relative to the number of mirror moments you survive. So you'll look back on this one with fondness! How's that for a little ray of sunshine?
    Love,
    Your wise, old aunt

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I turned 20 I had this mini crisis. I was like, "My teenage years are OVER! Woe is me! I don't get to have any more fun EVERRRR!!!!! UGH!!!!" And I felt all sad for a bit. But then I got over it.

    And now I'm about to turn 25 in a few weeks, which sounds REALLY OLD, like "why don't I already have two kids by now" old, but I am not freaking out about it in the least, actually. Weird. I had a harder time with 20 than with 25.

    If it makes you feel better I still had lots of fun after I turned 20. And I still feel like I'm 21 (which is young, in my book). And I think I probably always will feel like I'm 21. I've decided it's how old you feel that really matters, right....?

    ReplyDelete