Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 07, 2011

"Unusual weather we're having, ain't it"

Behold. Wisdom from The Wizard of Oz.

Dorothy: Now which way do we go? 
Scarecrow: Pardon me, this way is a very nice way. 
Dorothy: Who said that? 
[Toto barks at scarecrow
Dorothy: Don't be silly, Toto. Scarecrows don't talk. 
Scarecrow: [points other way] It's pleasant down that way, too. 
Dorothy: That's funny. Wasn't he pointing the other way? 
Scarecrow: [points both ways] Of course, some people do go both ways. 

This is pretty much how I feel about life right now. To a t.

Moving on, I have two pictures and a Sunday story.

Firstly, It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. And we haven't even killed the turkey yet. 

Secondly, when you stumble upstairs to your room, and weave your way around boxes looking for contact solution and this little beauty is hanging out in your window, should you be freaked out? Or concerned about peeing your pants laughing?
Ok, now that the silly is out of the way, :) I have a story from church yesterday.
I secretly love fast and testimony meetings, despite feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack and the sweaty palm stuff before getting up. (Or while talking myself into staying down. :p)
So many people my age have such incredible testimonies, and you can feel the sincerity, and the power of their spirit. It's just really cool to see my peers in this kind of light rather than the negative connotation of college students. :)
One guy got up, and said he wanted to tell a story, because the story was his testimony.
His niece got kidney cancer when she was 3. It wasn't terminal, but they had to do chemo to be absolutely sure the tumor was gone. She was a brave little three year old, she'd always tell the nurses, "Go away. I feel fine."
A few years later, one of their family friends found out she had cancer, so her husband went to the parents of the little girl to tell them, and to ask advice. When the little girl found out, she wanted to help. "Ooh! I have something to tell her!"
"Would you like to write it down?" her dad asked.
"Yes, that would be good."
So her father sat down with a pencil and paper, "Well, what would you like to say?"
She thought for a moment, "I just have three things."
"What are the three things?"
"First," holding up her little finger, "your hair grows back. Second," up went another little finger, "it's ok to cry. And third, Jesus is always with you."

Personally, I started crying at number one. But when he told us what her third thing to tell was, I felt the spirit so strong! How typical is that of a child? They've got it down. Life's ok, and Jesus is always with us.
I know that's true, with everything inside of me. I know that Christ is our best friend, our advocate, and our example. He, and our Heavenly Father, never move away from us- they're always there with their arms out to catch us- we are the ones who choose to step forward into their arms. They are always there.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon I love you and I love, love, love this blog. You are an awesome girl and we are so proud to call you our granddaughter. I love fast and testimony meetings also. We can gain so much strength from others around us. The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. And we are so blessed to be members of His church. Thanks for being a good missionry just by your great example to those around you. Love you...Gram...

    ReplyDelete