Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mighty Huntress?

I've shot a buck with a large gun,
I've smashed a buck with a new car,
And now I'm headed into a totally new realm of hunting.
...
Jobs.

Personally, I prefer the 'horrid cruelty' of beast slaughter. (For a good cause of course. Like food? Ok, so the car hunting escapade was definitely not a good cause. But also, not a heartless, blood thirsty, hunt.)
Job hunting is awful! You don't need a tag, just unemployed panic.
You don't need a gun, just nice looking clothes and a smile- that ends up being plastered insincerely on your face after a million rejections.
You're allowed to wear orange, but I doubt potential employers appreciate the blinding neon shades.

Basically...
This week has been semi fruitless.
But I did get to watch the episodes of Bones that were missing from Netflix... (Yes. I have an addiction. Someone help. Please. ... Take your time. ;) )

It has been kind of fun running errands for my mom though, and bumming institute classes from my friends. :) I've missed institute!

Also, I went on a date last night! Dallas and I doubled with Jennifer and Dallas' roommate Casey. Dinner at Pizza Factory, and a random ride (complete with animated singing from the guys) in their roommates ridiculously attractive, ridiculously expensive, ridiculously tall truck. Then Walmart to purchase treats to sneak into Footloose. I thought the movie was fun, but I wouldn't go see it again. Kinda skanky and lots of language. Plus how can you beat Kevin Bacon? (Bacon. That's all I need to say.)

Anyway... mostly I was just bored and noticed I hadn't blogged since Monday. (Mostly because I'm boring these days! I've got nothing to say. :p) So, happy Thursday, happy weekend, and happy life! :)

1 comment:

  1. HI Shnnon, The date sounded fun, keep on looking, something is bound to come up soon on the job market. I would hire you in a minute!!! I need to get with you soon to plan our Thanksgiving fun.....Keep bloging.....Love you Gram......

    ReplyDelete