Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008


EFY was AMAZING. I can't even really tell you how amazing it was unless you've been there, but even then you don't actually get how amazing my group was or this session or Logan or Utah State's dorms, or the junction's food or any of that. Sheralee, Aubree and I went to Aunt Sharla's house Saturday night and then went to church in one of Sheralee's friend's singles ward at BYU. Which was... different. :) Then after church we hit the road again (Rollseyes. After driving to and from Hatch for the Cattle drive and then going home only to drive to St. George for a Fashion Team meeting and then driving all the way to Provo as soon as we got home only to get on the road again.... see? You get my point. On the road a lot. In a small car with lots of luggage in it.) and drove to Logan. We got lost a few times and so by the time we finally got there and got checked in it was pretty much heaven and a chocolate doughnut to be out of that car. We checked in a day before the rest of everyone did so Aubree and I had the sixth floor to ourselves mostly. Hehe, exploring and the crazy emotional roller coaster was way intense. Happy to be out of the car, mad that there's no outlets, wait There are. Shoot, the blowdryer doesn't fit in them. At least the window opens, just kidding it only opens three inches. EW community showers Happy.Mad.Happy.Mad... you get the idea. Moving on. The next day we went to breakfast at the junction thingy with Sheralee and then went back to get ready and then pretty much goofed off until one thirty ish when we met up with our company. Our counselor, Sarah, was so cute. I love her, and she roomed with my cousin Sheralee at one of the previous EFY sessions at BYU I think. Anyway, we were kind of quiet at first but after all the rules and talking we all warmed up to each other and headed out to meet the other two groups in our company. Megan and Jeremy were the other two counselors, and I loved both of them too. Haha, we played some pretty random games as 'get to know you' type things; like stinger- where I decided I was scared of Preston (er... Idaho. Or Roberto, technically by the end of the week his name was Preston Idaho Roberto Eric Elizabeth Wilber Higgins :p) and his creepy smile. Then we played some random game where you have to face your partner and put your hands in front of you against theirs and then step back so you can't reach them, close your eyes, and spin. The point of that one was to be able to find your parnter after spinning so many times. I'm pretty sure Branson peeked, which is ok because I did too. :D I think my favorite game was the one where we stood in two lines facing eachother and then one person from each end comes to the middle and it's a walk off where you can't smile or laugh- usually I'm WAY horrible at keeping a straight face, but i totally did. :D I was intense. Haha- Anywho, then we went to an opening fireside sort of thing I guess. My favorite thing about going places was the fact we had to be escourted every where, and since there was two girls for every boy I'm sure the guys didn't mind it too much either. :p Aubree and I tried to sit by a new person every time we moved around so we could get to know everyone- it was so fun to get to know all of our company and their different personalities. Jacob told Aubree, Dianne and I some pretty crazy random stories at dinner that night, and Kelly came to get all the plates and throw them away- he was quite the gentleman. :)
It'd take me an ETERNITY and seventeen pages to go over every day in detail so I'll summarize: we had the devotional with our small group every morning at seven and then we'd go to our company spot and have group scripture study and then (finally) we'd go to breakfast (where Preston and I made an AMAZING breakfast creation :D It's so nasty.)
Then on two of the days we had classes, I love our group once again because we'd all kind of stay together even though we didn't have to so that everyone would always have someone. We did that at the dances too. The first one was my favorite mostly because I wasn't exhausted for that one. They taught us how to do the waltz and the three step(?) and the EFY dance... I have no dancing skills I've decided. Poor Matt was WAY patient when he was my partner because I could not for the LIFE of me do the waltz without getting myself confused on which foot went which direction... :) Branson was my ballerina buddy of interpretive dancing, and with the whole three song challenge or whatever (when we jumped for EVER) my calves pretty much curled up and died. I love how we sing all the time at EFY too, when the girls left the dance the guys all sang 'Goodnight Ladies'. :) The sprinklers were on by the sidewalk to the dorms but no one would run through them with me so I ran through them by myself. The dances are soooo hot. It's like a sauna in there, and the jumping, dancing and spazing doesing really help. I felt so lovely after my makeup came off and my bangs were plastered to my forehead... Haha, but we were all still irresistible daughters of Zion. The whole week I'm sure we only got five hours, at most, of sleep every night because the beds were so fabulous.
I love testimony meetings at Girl's Camp, but I think the EFY ones win. I was so proud of our company every time one of us got up to bear our testimony. Everyone was such an example to me and I learned so much just from the other youth there.
The last dance was after the banquet, which was awesome and tasted especially good after eating at the junction for so long. :) Plus there was chocolate cake. We were all dressed up and took a bajillion pictures and then went to the dance but everyone was so tired that it wasn't as fun as the first one but it was a lot of fun. Preston and I danced in the hall by the open door since it was definitely cooler out of the gym. We sang the EFY medly at the end and our company stood in a circle with our arms around eachother's shoulders and just about all of us cried. The medly is so cool, it's "As Sister's in Zion" and "Armies of Helaman" combined. I love it. Anyway, after that the boys left first. Our company did the typical "AAAY"s and "WHO'S IN THE HOUSE"s. It was so sad to watch them all walk out because I didn't think we'd see them again before checkout bright and early the next morning so Sarah (not the counselor Sarah) and I (along with lots of other people, but we were the worst out of everyone) cried forever. But I am happy to say we DID see them again the next morning. Kelly and Ethan were downstairs in the lobby thing when we came down with our luggage and then the rest of our company gathered and hugged and took more random pictures. Haha after we put our stuff in the car Aubree and I turned back and gave everyone more hugs. :)
I'm thinkin' I covered all the good stuff... Oh, except for Pizza night, which was AWESOME. The coolerest sign on our dorm door... Game night was pretty awesome except I was feeling sick, but we won the cheer off anyway and we so would've won spoonity if they would have done it this year. So yeah... that's my EFY ness. I loved it sooooooo so so so much. :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh that was the funniest week ever! I miss you! I hope we can stay updated with eachother through our blogs. Check mine out... www.shogenson@blogspot.com! Hope your doing great! Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time I looked through this. Great description. Makes me really miss everyone real bad. I hope i get to see most everyone when i come back. And I'm already planning my next efy so I'm so excited. i wish i could go to the same session as all the others who are allowed to go. that would be awesome to have another week together, eh little one? Miss you. Look forward to seeing you again when ever that will be :)

    ReplyDelete