Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well hello again! Yes, it’s been a while since I’ve updated this thing so here’s what you missed in my oh so exciting life: First of all sneaking out of my window with Dorothy went well. J It’s pretty sad if you get your adrenaline rushes from climbing out your low window and running down the street to meet a friend and go get girl’s camp items from WalMart but hey! I figure my parents have it pretty good if that’s what is considered rebellious. Especially if I actually confess all about it to them the next day. Haha, it was total mission impossible style- Dorothy dropped me off half a block away and turned off her lights while I sneakily ran across the street to climb back in my window… I think I must have some paranoia problems because before I started the ascent back into my bedroom window I had to look in about a million times to make sure my mom wasn’t waiting for me on my bed. J
Next! Girl’s Camp was really fun over all (minus everyone being sick a lot of the time). I was in the middle of a fast the day we went up so I thought I was going to die completely famished since I wasn’t breaking the fast until dinner. The YCL’s set up everybody’s cots and totes after sweeping with a broom half it’s normal size… the YCL meetings were sort of boring and I mostly just wanted to hang out with my ward and be lazy rather than be a leader of youth. J We learned this stick game thing that was pretty intense but I was so tired and I didn’t feel good and I pretty much just wasn’t myself so I almost cried when I didn’t catch one of the sticks… then later I laughed that I almost cried because things like that aren’t a big deal but I guess it was at the time. Our ward’s skit was probably the coolerest of them all! Sister Barry was ‘Madam Satine’ (aka Satan), and all of the girls were the people she was going to hypnotize. Nicole was desperately in love with a returned missionary and she just knew he was ‘the one’ for her. However, ‘he’ just so happened to be my ex and I was the jealous ex girlfriend trying to get between the two of them the whole time… I’m sure we looked ridiculous fighting over a broomstick but it was so much fun! I thought I broke Nicole’s arm though when I accidentally sat down on it when we were supposed to go back to sleep… it all ended when Madam Satine was going to make us think we were the most gorgeous talented pole dancers that Vegas had ever seen and we all snapped out of our hypnotic state to sing some ‘sistah-got-soul’ type song (“you tried to make me break my standards, but I said ‘NO NO NO!” J ). We did a lot of singing in our spare time at Girl’s Camp too, and I had ‘Fall for you’ By Secondhand Serenade stuck in my head for a week after we got home since that was Nicole’s apparent favorite, which is understandable because it was fun for us to do harmonies to that one. As usual, we got rained out on the last night. ALL of my stuff got so wet so I ended up sleeping under horse blankets but it was probably the best sleep I got all week just because I was so worn out!
The evening we got back there was a regional stake dance type deal of some sort… so I went. I wore my white dress that has been at Aubree’s forever that I missed so very much and guess what. I am no longer a size 1-2. Sad day. So we safety pinned it and only zipped it up halfway- to the empire waistline where it refused to be zipped any further- and then I wore a green half jacket over it. As dances tend to be- it was a sauna in there! They had a huge fan in one corner though so when that corner was empty that’s where Aubree and I danced. J We did the EFY dance which brought back many memories of more hot dances. In the temperature way. Jake (a way awesome guy from my ward who is my YW leader’s son) was there so I told him to save a dance for me. :p He’s so fun to be around, I love Jake! Nicole introduced me to her boyfriend (Yeah, he’s tall but I didn’t find him a fine potato at all… sorry Nickel if you’re reading this. If you think he’s cute- more power to you. J ) and then Aubree and I were feeling outgoing so we’d go start singing and dancing to random guys and one of them was weird and introduced us to his “reluctant dancing friends” and somehow I turned into Uncle Rico (which isn’t all that hard to figure out since I have been known to introduce myself as Rico before) and he was Deb and I think Aubree must have been Kip or Napoleon or something… Anyway, he followed us around being weird. They do a ‘Cinderella Dance’ where all the girls throw one of their shoes into the middle of the floor, (now that I think about it, I think my best bet would be to put both shoes in. And have some spares in my purse. One of them would have to get picked up, wouldn’t you think? J ) and then the guys pick one up and find the owner to dance with. Once again- my shoe was one of five left over. They were even the cool flip flops with the big jewel on them! I mean seriously. Who in their right mind would pass up that kind of shoe? Also the last random facts of the Saturday night dance are- Audrey had an awesome tie dress that she made out of old ties… how cool is that? I wish I had a picture of it to show you but, alas, I do not. I met Gentry, the yard boy for Aunt Cherene and Chris- of whom Cherene my aunt has been trying to introduce me to. I suppose he is fairly good looking… fun to dance with… :D Aubree was dancing by him when my dress came un- safety pinned so I went over to get her to come help me and she said he said I was cute. J (Haha wow… she said he said they said too much.) Greg and Jake gave me a ride home along with a couple other guys… they were such a lively bunch. (Rolls eyes while sarcasm drips off of that statement.) They were all so quiet I thought they were asleep. Or mannequins… something like that. Anywho that was the end of that.
My Psych class! Oh goody. I bet you’re dying to hear all about that. Actually I’m not sure anyone is bored enough to actually read these things- they’re more for my benefit so I have some sort of journal going… so if you’re actually reading this and you didn’t skip anything then well done! You deserve a candy bar or something equally cool and chocolaty! I’ve been working on my stupid mid-term forever which is why I was grounded from the computer which is why it’s taken so long to update this. The good news is- I finished it! Now I just have to hurry and finish my project and cram for my final which are (in order) this Wednesday and next Monday. It’s interesting, and I wouldn’t mind looking into Psychology… but I’d prefer the next time I have a class it’s more organized and consistent. This has been kind of chaotic for me since it is summer and I’m so busy with random stuff like the model thing. Speaking of which I need to tell you all about that. But before I launch into that long story; HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN AND MARISSA (as of Tuesday the 15th… sorry I was late. Either way happy birthday). It’s weird to remember being eleven years old because I felt like I was so old and grown up when I turned eleven, but looking at the twins now, eleven seems so young and little! Perspective is weird. Anyway, NOW on to the model camp stuff.
I rode to Provo with the LeFevres… Don’t get me wrong, I love them to death. Just not as much to death when I’m squished between Aubree and Cameron in Sheralee’s little car. I’m pretty sure I have permanent damage from that three hour really hot claustrophobic ride! J Once we got there we realized that one of Sheralee’s tires was on it’s death bed so we hung out at WalMart for half an hour while they fixed it. So I bought a cute new white plastic-y belt because pants are essential (or so I’ve been told) and mine weren’t about to stay up by themselves. Then we found our way to Sara’s house where we hugged everyone and petted Matt’s hair (Sigh! Good times of awesome hair. J ) For the reunion we ordered over $100 worth of pizza, went to a park and ate it… had pizza box sledding moments, football, volleyball, being attacked, laughing, all that good stuff… then we watched “She’s the Man” at Sarah’s house and then we went to Aunt Sharla’s and slept and then checked in at Alyese’s Bridal in the Mall…….. Ok so I took too long to come back cuz yeah long story so I have no idea what I was telling you but tonight was YW and we pretty much just got the solution to all problems at Dairy Queen: Frozen hot chocolate. Weird sounding huh. I thought it would be gross but I’m probably addicted by now. Good news, I’m getting the fourth book of the Twilight series pre ordered so I actually will have a chance on reading it with the frenzy that’ll be going on in every book store for a while after it comes out. Erin is now my loan officer because I didn’t have my paycheck but hey, I get the book right? Um, other than that I’ve just been working on my psych project and stuff and stressing and staying up much too late and getting stupid phone calls at eleven thirty… Sometime I’ll have to go off on my spiel on ‘A Beautiful Mind’ but I’m too tired tonight. J it’s definitely thought provoking. Psychology is incredibly intriguing… I’m just too lazy to do well at anything that requires effort. At least I am today. J love you all, and I’m sure I’ll be rambling again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment