Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

"I think it means... you run really fast?"

(P.S that was a quote from Out of the Mouth of Babes, after they asked what fasting is. :) I sincerely love that show.)
Oh fast and testimony meeting. Marvelous, but I swear it gives me ulcers. Giving talks isn't as hard- you've got what you want to say prepared and partially written down... you get to quote people who knew what they were talking about from the scriptures and from General Conference.
So I'm sitting in the congregation thinking about how terrified I feel to get up there, and I found myself thinking, "Heavenly Father, please help me have strength to get up and share what I'm feeling." (What?? What am I doing? Haha, needless to say I was quick to try and backpedal, realizing "Shoot! Now He's gonna bless me and I'll have to get up!" Also, needless to say, he blessed me. The damage was already done. So, I got up and stuttered my way through a testimony (ok, so not literally stuttering. But on the inside I felt like I was.)
It's always been easier for me to write down my testimony, so here we go. :)
I have a testimony of my Savior, and all he's given me. I know that he came to earth and set the example to show us the path he wants us to follow so we can go back to live with him and our Father in Heaven. I know that what he suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane is so beyond my imagination, but because of all he experienced there he understands every sorrow I feel, whether it's something big, or something silly and trivial. I also know that he, and Heavenly Father, are aware of each of those sorrows and are mindful of us. I know that Christ died and was resurrected so that I can have the chance to live again after I die. I know that because of Christ's sacrifice and submission of his will to the Father's, I have the incredible gift of hope, and of second chances through the atonement and repentance.
I know that every aspect in the gospel is true and inspired of God. I know that it was restored through Joseph Smith, and that he really translated the Book of Mormon. I know that there is a special spirit in that book, that  we can gain a closer relationship to Jesus Christ through it. I know that everything in the scriptures is there for a reason and that its meant for us and our learning and growth.
I love President Monson (isn't he just awesome?) and I have felt the truth that he is called of God. I have a testimony that his words, and the words of his apostles and counselors are modern scripture for us in these days.
I have faith in the principles that I have the chance to learn in Church and in Institute are real and that the blessings that come from them are real. :)
(I have the uncontrollable urge to revert to my primary days and "tell my mom and dad, and my little sisters that I love them. :) But truly, I do. I've been so thankful for the opportunity to move out and be at college, but it's been an eye opener at how much I do love and depend on my family. So, I love you guys!)

Today has been exactly what the Dr. ordered for me. That's one of my favorite parts about the gospel, the way it gives me strength that I can guarantee is not my own.
I just wanted to share that with you, partially because I forgot to say half of it in sacrament meeting due to severe bashfullnes :p, but mostly because I love the way knowing this makes me feel, and how it lifts me and I want everyone to get to feel that too! :D
So, I'll stop my rambling, but have a beautiful Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful testimony, Shan. You are such a good example to me! Love you!

    (Ha, and my word verification on this comment is "blesses". Somehow that just seems really Sunday-appropriate.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job in church! Who are you kidding Shan! I love your testimonies and your fun personality! Hope you get over being sick quick! It is not fun! Love you.

    ReplyDelete