Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Lately (DISCLOSURE: I'm feeling link happy today.)

I've been nearly dependent on classical music, cooking, and calls to my mom and dad.
Life is good when you've got those three necessities. Ya know? :p
Lately I've wanted to be Miss Betty Crocker and make everything possible. (Maybe I'll pull a Julie and Julia or something?) In fact I'm thinking I'm going to make egg noodles tomorrow. And soup later. (I'll have to drag it home because Friday is SPRING BREAK! And seeing how my soup is always army sized portions, It'd be impossible.... maybe I won't make egg noodles.)

Lately I've fallen in love with Darius Rucker songs... especially This, this one, and that one. It's a phase I'm going through.
Next month it'll be re-visiting old favorites and singing with Shania and Kenny. Maybe even Alabama and the likes. (Just for you, Dad. :p)

Lately I've gone to bed early while everyone else partied. And I was mostly ok with that. (This is the point where you start to worry. :) I'm the night owl.

 Being converted to early bird nonsense.)
Bahaha. I love this. ... Haha now that I think about it. The night owl and the early bird look incredibly similar.

Lately I've thought lots, and forgotten even more. (I didn't even know it was Spring Break next week until yesterday when they announced it in church! Sad huh? But I'll be the first to admit it was a great surprise.)

(Ok. Enough of my pseudopoetry. On to real life. Not that the pseudopoetry wasn't real...)

Today I got up and studied in the New Testament. I think that there are lots of aspects of Christ's personality that I was unaware of, but I love seeing things in a new light. :) Tyler stopped by to pick up a letter I wrote him, yeah. I'm cheesy. So we giggled about funny girls camp/scout camp stories and such. (It was so random, but I really could've listened to stories for the rest of the morning and felt completely content. He's so easy to be around.) Then I realized I should probably get ready instead of reading more of the NT so I jumped in the shower, only to realize I had half an hour until class started. So I plopped a hat on my dripping hair and ran. :p
We had a sub today, and sadly I like him about seven thousand times better. He brought object lessons! We never inflate mini hot-air balloons with hair dryers! Or watch super cheesy youtube videos of obnoxious 'scientists' doing experiments with racquetballs and liquid nitrogen! I love this guy! (He referenced The Magic School Bus at least ten times. Do you see my point? Exactly, I rest my case!)
I was walking home when I noticed Chelsey, a girl from A building, standing in the middle of the sidewalk by the Activity Center. (She has weights with Tyler, so this is the point where I start looking around to figure out where he's hiding.) Tyler popped out from behind a tree right as I got to it. :p That boy. He walked me home and I started making lunch so I could potentially bribe him to like me even more when he got out of his Intro to Dance class. (I think it worked! ;) Haha)

I wanted to make Mashed Potatoes, but after I got them all diced and boiling I realized I don't have one of those smasher things.

So I spent nearly half an hour with a couple of forks. True story. Sad, I know. But those flimsy college silverware forks just don't cut it. (No pun intended.) But it tasted good and I probably gained muscle.

I should probably go be productive.
(Sorry, this was an incredibly ramble-ous blog.)


2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed and impressed with your cooking skills and with your plans to develop even more! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mash potatoes with a hand mixer. Try it!

    ReplyDelete