Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kitchen time= Happy time

Today I felt grumpy. And so after everything (including a Walmart trip of which I've decided I don't love)I came home and I did what any normal girl would do.
I hit the kitchen.
I made yummy Dijonnaise Chicken, onion rice, and steamed vegetables.

Like I said... Yummy.
And then since I was on a roll I whipped up these puppies!




(P.S That's Skylar Hardman, Ryan Andelin, and Alisha Peckham... and then the masterpiece!)

The Chicken was super easy, and soooo delcious! I definitely recommend it. The chocolate sauce was from scratch, and was pretty marvelous too! It makes a lot though, so we just put it in a jar to save for ice cream. Of which Sammi owes us! (Bwahahahahaaa!!!!!!)

Here's the recipes:

Dijonnaise Chicken

Ingredients
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 1/4 cup prepared Dijon mustard mayonnaise blend
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix the mustard-mayonnaise blend, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper, salt, and bouillon. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
3. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

See? Super easy.

Here's the dessert stuff:

Dessert Crepes
Ingredients

4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions

In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, flour sugar and salt until smooth.
Heat a medium-sized skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan with a small amount of butter or oil applied with a brush or paper towel. Using a serving spoon or small ladle, spoon about 3 tablespoons crepe batter into hot pan, tilting the pan so that bottom surface is evenly coated. Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes on a side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.


Chocolate Sauce

Ingredients
• 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 1 2/3 cups white sugar
• 1 1/4 cups water
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and let boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

It's pretty runny so I mixed some flour with condensed milk and water and stirred that in until it was thicker. The crepe's were really good with peanut butter and the chocolate sauce. Just a tip. :p










Fun Times in B9! We're pretty much awesome. Also check out this bad boy,

Haha this is one of Alisha's letters. It smells manly. And the adorable star fish is holding it up. Which was obvious. But I just wanted to point out it's adorableness.

Also I did my hair curly today. Part of me thought, "Hey! Cute!" Part of me thought. "Great. I'm a poodle."



Welp. I think that's basically the end of the pictures. But you have GOT to see these silly videos. Oh mylanta. I'm not even sure what to say at this point haha.

2 comments:

  1. bahahaha we are great :) i love it! You are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous, i love your hair. And you have some cute guy friends over there, girl! And thank you for the recipes, all that stuff looks soooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete