Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Now that my battery has been charged...

(Ok. Quick preface. Yeah, I'm aware that today is Monday. In fact I thought it was Tuesday five minutes ago. This is sorta a grand example of how my life's been going the past week or so. Distracted, confused, and flying by the seat of my pants? You betcha!)

Don't you just love Sundays? It really just charges your spiritual battery and gets you all prepped for the week ahead of you. I truly believe it's the boost of strength from Heaven we all need to make it. Today was Stake Conference in our little Young Single Adult stake (Oh. Bless our hearts.) and it was so good! One guy spoke on family, and he told about how his mom struggled to provide for him and his brothers as a single working mother, and so eventually she had to send them to live with an Aunt and Uncle. At the time he didn't realize why, and when she told him "Don't worry, my sacrifice will pay off in the end." He didn't understand how come he couldn't just go swimming.
Sometimes it's the same in our lives. Sometimes we don't truly understand the sacrifice Christ made when we're in the middle of the hard part of the Atonement. Sometimes we just want to go swimming and stay on the sunny side of things. But I have a testimony that his sacrifice will pay off in the end.
Also, the Stake choir sang "How Great Thou Art", and it made me get a little teary. I'm not sure I ever really considered the words of that song, but today it really touched me. I need to slow down more often and remember how great my Savior is, and how blessed I am to have the true Gospel in my life. :)
Verse 1: O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder Consider all the works Thy hands have made. I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, Thy power throughout the universe displayed. Refrain: Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee; How great Thou art, how great Thou art! Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee: How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

* Verse 2: When through the woods and forest glades I wander And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees; When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze: (Repeat Refrain.)

* Verse 3: And when I think that God, His Son not sparing, Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in; That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin: (Repeat Refrain.)

* Verse 4: When Christ shall come with shouts of acclamation And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart! Then I shall bow in humble adoration, And there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art! (Repeat Refrain.)


Well. On to Monday.
I'm currently taking a break *cough* stalling *cough* from my studies and finishing this blog so that my sad brain can rest for a moment. Seriously, I've never done this much homework in one sitting in my whole entire life!!! (I'm not even sure I've done this much homework collectively in my whole entire life! :p I've been here for 3 hours now, and I'm deeply saddened to inform you that I still have a couple more ahead of me.)
It's almost kind of satisfying to do homework though. (Strictly speaking from the bright side. In my true and honest opinion, homework is a means of torture.)

I decided maybe I need to start praying for a love of learning. I don't mind learning. I like going to classes that interest me, and I absolutely adored learning about Nutrition last year... but when it comes down to the homework interfering with my 'lazy sit on my bum' time... I get rather flustered. Who wouldn't rather blog and work as a Cha Cha question answerer person? (That's my latest project. It's still waiting to be set in motion, but my cousin did it before his mission and one of my roommates has started it so I figured hey! A little extra money is a little extra money. And with this 'job' you get to do it on your spare time so it won't interfere with my studies or anything. Perfect right? :) That's what I thought. Glad we're all on the same page.)
Back to praying... can I just tell you that I love that stuff? Seriously, God is a genius. Not only did he create EVERYTHING, and stick us in the middle of it, but He let's us have unlimited minutes to Him! What a kind thing to do, right? Especially considering how often I need to turn to prayer to make it through some of this college madness. On a slightly lighter- but still dead serious- note, I've discovered since moving into a six-girl apartment that sometimes the only place you can really be alone and undisturbed to pray out loud is in the bathroom. Although if you're not in the shower, people tend to think down upon 'talking to yourself' in the restroom. I assume.
But it's true. And sometimes that's where you get spiritual answers to pressing matters, and it's odd because its the bathroom but it's also beautiful because it's the bathroom. God answers me. No matter where I am! In fact, almost in spite of where I am. :) And I think that's wonderful. How great he art! :p

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post too. You are so wise.

    (Do you know Alycia? Because she has been commenting on all my friend's and family's blogs and I think she is spamming us all to fish for comments. Just saying.)

    How Great Thou Art holds a special place in my heart because it was while hearing a soloist perform that song that I really gained my personal testimony of the Savior's love and atonement for the first time. Third verse. I love that song.

    ReplyDelete