Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Cleaning Checks and the WEEKEND!!


Today I'm grateful for my family. I talked to Marissa on the phone last night about Christmas wish lists since we drew each other's names for the sister gifts. She's cute haha. It's so much fun to be friends with my sisters. At least I feel like we're better friends now. Moving away does wonders for relationships. Ya know the saying, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder"? It's partially true. It strengthens real relationships, and slowly dissolves the ones that aren't strengthen-worthy. :p (I'm so eloquent today, aren't I?) After Miss, I talked to Brianne who caught me up on everything, including her wish list. We also discussed inflatable minions and who gets it. I'm hoping I get to skype my dad tonight, because secretly I really do miss that man sometimes. And by that I mean quite frequently. :)
Now. On to the title of this post...

If you'll notice... "Cleaning Checks" came first because I wanted to get that over with, and "the WEEKEND!!" received two exclamation points, and caps lock. Meaning that totally wins precedence over cleaning checks in my mind. :p
Unfortunately, my landlord probably thinks the opposite. So... we cleaned. Lots. Last night we all did our last minute deep cleaning and then we did masks at like... oh, I don't know. Twelve-ish? So much for my goal of going to bed early, eh? :p

It's pretty sad business in this apartment though, because literally just after we get everything super clean...

I know, I know. That seems pretty clean right? But considering the fact we had just barely finished doing all the dishes... haha. I just found it rather funny. Also, here is a sight you may never ever see again:

The B9 garbage cans, all three empty and clean! (Sadly, this is a really big deal for us. Yup. This is why I really enjoy living in an apartment. Sarcasm haha. I really do love my roommates and I think our apartment is cute and all... but we go through so much trash every stinkin day! And dishes? I'd rather not talk about the kitchen in general actually. It's a source of great discouragement in my life some days. :p

Also, I wish I had pictures of us cleaning because it was sort of funny to see us all scrubbing everything. I had the section of the cleaning list that included 'sweeping and mopping' the floors. Yeah. Mopping indeed. We've got a broom, so sweeping was no big deal. As for a mop? Hmm... seems to be missing from our apartment. Oh yeah, we never had one! Haha we should probably invest, because I'll let you in on a secret: scrubbing tile and grout with a little dish scrubbie is no fun. So back to the part where I told you about the facials. They were much appreciated after all the cleaning. Sam was hilarious, she used a blow-dryer to make her masks dry faster. And Jill accidentally went to class this morning with part of the peel off mask still on her face. I love giggling with those girls though. :) Tonight we might be going to Lisha's cabin to have a fire. :)



Moving on. I can't remember if I blogged about my picture wall, but I finally have pictures of it. :)

Quite a masterpiece, don't you think? It was so funny to pick up the pictures from Walmart (which was sorta forever ago) and see the look on the guy's face. Lots and lots of pictures.

Also, this is for Grammie Marilyn, here's our cute Christmas tree! When we bought the ornaments for it, Tori was sooo on one! Then again, so was I. So after giggling hysterically and doing silly dances in the isles (as well as Tori's "I have to go to the bathroom" dance when I teased her about modeling and held up a picture of a pug dog :p) we finally checked out and went home to decorate. Which is when we realized we didn't buy the ornament hooks. So Sami and I went back to Walmart, keep in mind this is small town Wally world, and it was just closing. We must have cute smiles or something because the manager let us go in. "One minute. You'd better run." I sprint off toward the decoration isles, just as he yells a warning of wet floors. Truly, I have no idea how I managed to stay on my feet since I was running in flip flops on just mopped tile. We like to have these sorts of adventures on a regular basis here at Snow. ;)



Here's some more pictures. In order of importance :p Ok so not really.
Alfred's replacement... temporarily. Meet Hubert Cumberdale. (Twins, and Bri... don't even think about it.)
All my books for writing my talk on Luke 2. This Sunday is going to be fun! :) (Seriously, I'm actually super excited. :) That probably means there's something wrong with me since I'm terrified of public speaking.)
The note Tyler left on the window of the Tacoma that I sort of was super paranoid about and for a second was REALLY angry thinking it was that police officer who all but stalked me when I was going for a drive and followed me all the way to my parking spot. I was driving perfectly! Better than I have in ages. Haha. So I couldn't figure out why I got a ticket... it's because I didn't! :p






1 comment: