Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ok Ok, now I'm catching up on the Christmas festivities.

DISCLOSURE:The pictures and substance of this blog may cause some people to want to inflict bodily harm upon me. Please refrain, as this is sort of contradicting of the "Golden Rule". Thank you, that is all. (Erin. :p That was for you mostly. And other seesters, and familial members.)

Also I'm too lazy to put captions. :p Maybe I will later. When I'm through being lazy. :)
Also again, we're going up North to see the lights on Temple square, slash hopefully seeing Angie, Klane, Kyle, Michelle and baby Kaylie :D (I'm crossing all my fingers.)

(In case you didn't notice, this post has changed drastically. And by that I mean about a gajillion pictures have suddenly disappeared. That's because it was basically driving me nuts when I'd scroll down and my whole entire blog would shift. That's a wee bit annoying. Just sayin. So eventually I'm sure I'll post the pictures again. Once I figure out how to do that without costing me my sanity. :) Haha)

P.S I guess I'll stop being lazy and tell you about the Salt Lake trip. We drove up and met Tyler at the Lehi exit by the festiveish gas station that has a creepy smiling clown logo. So then I went and hung out at Tyler's house (complete with tours, and FREEZING scooter rides around town.) We met my family at Wingers for dinner, at which my little sisters pulled lots of faces, and my parents "interrogated" us. :p Except for not really. It was a joke, but they did say they were going to and they did visit with us. :) After dinner we all squished into the suburban and drove to Temple Square, pausing to let Tyler call his mom to figure out which exit to take off of the freeway, and walked around for not as long as I thought we would looking at the pretty Christmas lights. I want to know who in the world has that much patience to put the lights on all those trees they way they do! Tyler said that they just cut the lights off after, instead of trying to unwind all of them. Sounds like a good plan to me. Maybe that's what I'll do someday. :p Anywho. The lights were pretty, and even if we did get lost in the stairwells, and get stuck listening to Conference Building trivia (Thanks, Tyler, for asking the question. :p Goodness those guides love talking about that building! It is pretty incredible though.) it was a fun trip I think! Oh! Also, my dad hates HATES elevators. Which all of my sisters love. What can we say. We grew up in a village of Circleville. Elevators are fun stuff! Yay for novelty! ;) Anyway, we're in one to get back down to parking, and the doors close... and open. And we're still on the floor we started on. So then these other people squish in with us, and the doors close, and open. ....Aaaand we're still on the same floor. So then we try one more time, and the doors close... and (yup,  you guessed it) open. My dad, at this point, is trying to contain all sorts of panic ;) just kidding, maybe not. But it seemed pretty convincingly panicked to me. He dashes out the closing doors, calling over his shoulder something about finding some stairs. The doors close, we giggle, the doors open. We give up, and follow my dad down the stairs. :p Oh, I love my family. Also, you should know that Tyler bribed Bri to like him with some chocolate kisses (he must have something with those candies. Haha) and a 'whatchamacallit' candybar. Um, hey! Where's my bribery? :p It was funny.
After the temple trip, Tyler and I went to his house, grabbed a key ("Don't worry about it," when I ask what the key is to. What a sneak. :p) and drove to his dad's animal hospital. For a second I was a little concerned, wondering what exactly, or where actually, our date was going to be. But then after weaving around through dark rooms of vet type stuff, we got to the foyer which has a big, beautiful fire place. So after that was lit, as well as the Christmas tree and lights, we roasted some marshmallows in the fireplace. There were two red champagne type glasses next to a bottle of sparkling cider, so we drank some of that too. :p Kind of cutesy huh? Then I opened a gift of some scarves and a hat that he had crocheted. I can't even crochet. I think he's showing me up a little bit in creativity. And then we watched Kate and Leopold on a sheet/projector set up. Oh, we watched the movie while sitting in a giant cardboard box full of pillows and such. I guess I should put that on my bucket list, just so I can cross it off:
* Watch a movie from inside a pillow filled cardboard box
There. That's better. :)

1 comment: