Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I have so much to say!

But I might be too lazy to say it all. :p

First of all, remember my future husband from Montana? :p Well, I lost his address.
But I found it again! So I'm taking a poll. Do I write him first? Or wait for him to write to me?

Secondly, JUSTIN IS HOME!! It was such a great weekend, driving up with Grammie Marilyn, Grandpa, and Cherene my aunt, and then seeing nearly everyone in the family (including Kaylie for the first time ever in her whole life) was kind of perfect. It was just a warm fuzzy weekend, ya know? You could just feel love and happy vibes everywhere! :p Just did such a good job in his talk as well, it made me cry a little. (But that's sort of nothing new I guess. I decided that runs in the family. We're excellent at many things, and crying is near the top of that list for sure!)
Aubree and Jay got to come down for the homecoming too, so the "three musketeers" were re-united. :) Which was definitely bitter-sweet. I love those two with all my little heart, but it's a little sad to see how much things have changed. One thing will always be true though, and that is that we're family and we love each other!
I had so much fun just talking with everyone and catching up. I miss when we were little and didn't have our own agendas getting in the way of getting together! (Angie, it was so fun to see you p.s! I decided I love blogger to pieces because I feel like we're great friends through blog stalk-age. :p)

Third, work is still going, and I still love it, but sometimes reality kicks my butt.
Like today, I was exhausted and flustered and short on patience.
The cool thing about that, though, is that there are always tender mercies at times like that. (Yesterday I was honestly contemplating running away to the bathroom to say a prayer to get me out of my grumpy mood, and a woman came through my line before I could make my getaway. I was thinking "gee thanks lady" and pasting on a not very genuine smile when she started asking about my plans for my future. So we visited for a few minutes, and she just told me that I seemed like a very put together girl, and complimented me for working hard and being kind. Just what I needed! Seriously, I don't think I'll ever get tired of how Heavenly Father works. Speaking of which, I'm gonna jump back and tell you one of my favoritest things Justin said in his talk. And as a disclosure, I'm probably quoting it wrong. He said, "Christ loves everyone, no matter where you've been, where you come from or what you've done. It only matters that you're here, and that he loves you." How beautiful is that? Again, just what I needed. It seems strange that working at a register is what makes me think of a lot of spiritual things during the day, but I've truly seen that manifested every single day I work there. Today I watched three little boys playing, air punching complete with sound affects. The two younger ones got in an argument over who hit who, and the oldest of the three was such a little peace maker. He couldn't have been older than 7. It was so touching to watch and to realize how powerful their little spirits are. Children always amaze me.

Anywho.
I've just been informed that there is a mother/daughter get together tonight for the Tropic ward, and I'm totally going with my grandma! :) I love this summer. :)

2 comments:

  1. It was an incredible weekend and it was so fun to see the reunion of the three musketeers. We are blessed with a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon , HOW VERY PRECIOUS YOU ARE!!! Wonderful Blog. Sounds like work is going fine. Wasn't it a wonderful weekend? Lot's of smiles and big hugs, We truly are blessed with such a great family.....Keep smiling, abd keep being awesome. Love you Gram PS..Come see us soon...We miss you.........

    ReplyDelete