Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Remember the blues?

Not just the musical kinds, but the color I felt when car shopping recently.

Well. Let's just make this situation a little more literal, shall we?

I am the proud new owner of (drum roll please)













(still drumming?)


A BRIGHT blue Saturn Ion! It's so cute, you'll drool. (That's not a threat, it's a promise.)
It's still being finished up at Kennedy's shop, so I don't get to drive that little beauty again until next week.Ish.

(And that's not all, folks! There's a story that goes with this!)
It's called: Mountain America Escapades, and it goes a little something like this.

Tuesday evening, Erin pulled a fantastic prank on me. She had me totally convinced that both my parents had lost their marbles, and that she was an impulsive moron who gave up education for wheels. (Translation: She told me that my parents co-signed on a loan for her to buy a Toyota Camry that was too expensive for me to buy. Truly, I thought "My goodness, they're all idiots!")
Wednesday my dad took me to Mountain America to start (wait. That seems not right...) the loan process. (Which is because it isn't.) 
Wednesday I went to Mountain America, and dragged Erin along with me, and asked for Tyson (the guy who helped us when my dad took me to Mountain America in the first place, a few weeks ago.)
He wasn't there, so we talked to a girl named Alexys. (Am I getting a little free with my information giving out? Should I be giving everyone code names?)
Tyson came in half way through everything, and stopped to visit. My mom was there at that point, to bring some more papers for verification.
Wednesday we were going to drive to Spanish Fork to look at a cute red Dodge Neon, but then we found out it was a salvaged title, and my dads gut feelings disagreed with us galavanting (is that not a word?) up to look at a car I most likely wouldn't buy anyway. So we went to Marysvale instead. Kennedy showed us a few of the cars he was working on, and all of a sudden BAM! I knew. It was love at first sight.
"The keys are on the floor of those cars, go drive them and then I'll show you some others we're working on."
The blue car left that lot, and we bonded on a little back road where we saw three really nice deer. (Isn't that the most romantic line you've ever heard? I'm so going to be the next Anita Stansfield with that one. ;) )
So, a man  behind a desk wrote down some numbers and letters which make sense to some people, and we headed home.
Thursday we went back to the credit union, and Tyson was there so we sat at his desk, and looked up book values, and percentages and... (by we I mean he...) five thousand signatures later, that little beauty was mine! (The car I mean. Tyson is still very much his own. ;) )
My dad co-signed the necessary co-signage, and went to class, and my mom left for PTA.
Tyson finished handing me way too many papers to keep track of and explained the payment system stuff.
"There's just one last thing you need to do before you go."
Great. Another signature. "Ok?"
He slid a piece of blank paper toward me, "You need to write your number down, and say you'll go on a date with me."
Blushes madly, "Sure!" I then wrote down my number, in what had to be the worst handwriting I've had since eighth grade. In my defense, I was a little flustered at that point.
So. I've got a date. Eventually. Someday when I get time off, besides the time off that I'm using for a date with my pretend twitterpation victim. I'm moving to Tropic and taking out loans more often! ;)


(Picture me driving really fast through some deserted really gorgeous in the middle of nowhere place like they do in all the commercials. Then picture me crying over the gas bill I just ran up.)


3 comments:

  1. Oh blast. Look at that. Drool all over my nice new school shirt. and the computer. and most of the floor. Just saying the words Agent Booth the sexy saturn makes me drool like one of those oddly cute super wrinkly dogs. Whatever they're called.
    Basically the moral of the story is that I love your blog. And all of your fake lovers. And the giggling that I do when I am here on this blog.
    I think i just wrote you a novel....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute cute. Cute car, cute stories, cute boys, cute Shannon. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shan.....Love your blog. As usual, you make me smile and Have a happy , Happy feling inside beccause you are doing so well. I got the downstairs cleaned excep the vacume part. {I broke the belt on the v,machine and will have to wait for someone with stronger hands than mine to fix it. We miss you ;[.
    come see us soon.......Gram PS Can't wait to see the new blue car.......

    ReplyDelete