Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Maiden Voyage! (Squeal of delight)

So... I drove my cute BLUE car to work today! I felt much more cautious, funny how signing your life away to pay for what your driving seems to make you that way. :p
I'm sure you're all dying to know that I sang Adam Lambert for the first official drive in 'Agent Booth' (No, I'm not obsessed with Bones at all! And that name is subject to change if inspiration strikes. Just so ya know.)
and for lunch some of the ladies from work, and I drove to Ruby's to get a celebration treat!
I've decided that ice cream in cute tiny cartons tastes better, purely from the cuteness factor!

 (You know those blue bunny ice cream tubs that are kind of oval shaped? Um, they have babies! They're seriously the cutest little ice cream containers I have ever beheld! ... Is it sad that I'm so riveted on 'baby ice creams'? Oh dear. I need a life maybe.)

In other news, I took a two hour nap today. I highly recommend doing that every once in a while... it was sort of heavenly! However, I highly discourage balancing your checkbook when you're feeling rich. It nips that feeling right in the bud! (And then sends you into panic mode.)

Dinner Tuesday evening was fun, we went to Sonny Boy's in Cedar which was pretty good. It's a BBQ place where Bajio's used to be. I approve of the change. :p Then we got a redbox and watched it at his apartment and visited. ...Once upon a time I was good at staying up late, but since I made the goal to get to bed at 10:30 and wake up at 6, staying up later has thrown me off so bad! (Hence the two hour nap.)

Oh! I remember why I was blogging in the first place, (good thing I don't have A.D... ooh, did I tell you about...? :p)
Last night the cutest little girl with big eyes, curly hair and a pacifier came in the Visitor's Center. I was sitting on one of the chairs behind the counter, zoning out in hopes of time randomly skipping ahead an hour or two, when I noticed her staring at me over the counter. So I did what any rational human being would do, and started making funny faces at her. :p She didn't quite know what to think at first, but then a little grin started spreading from behind the pacifier. Pretty soon she was ducking behind the counter, and then popping up, to see my startled reactions every time. Have I ever mentioned how much I love the sound of little kid giggles? Seriously, try having a bad day while listening to that. It's impossible!
Her mom noticed our peek a boo game and came over saying something in French, and smiling. She picked up her daughter and started walking toward the back of the store, but those big eyes stayed locked on the front desk. So I waved, and she waved... and I waved and she waved and I waved... are you catching on? There was lots of wiggly fingered 'jazz hands' going on. She kept smiling and waving and peek-a-boo-ing until her mom rounded the corner and she couldn't see me anymore. There I am, grinning and chuckling to myself. The rangers thought I'd lost it probably, and after that day of work... I had! ;)
Eventually the little family came back to the front to pay, and the little girl caught my eye and started singing a song with actions (that contained playing peek a boo. Surprised? I think she likes that game.) I think I melted into a cuteness puddle right then and there! So when the little girl said "thank you" from behind the pacifier, I attempted my high school french skills and told her, "Je vous en prie!" (You're welcome.) I thought she was going to burst she was so excited! Then her mom told me how to say "Good evening" so I told the little girl that one too, and she giggled. Obviously I need to work on my accent. :p
The best part though was when I got feeling brave and told her, "Tu est tres belle!" (You are very pretty) and her whole face lit up! Her parents seemed pretty pleased with my Utahn accented attempts to talk to their daughter. (Or maybe they just thought she was cute. Or maybe both!)
Seriously, it made my whole day! Moments like those, are why I love my job. (That, and when former flight attendants tell me I'm gifted with people and she appreciates how friendly I am. Haha, and right when I'm feeling semi not happy to be at work and I'm working my bum off to be nice anyway. I love how there are always tender mercies like that in life. Even at work, or when I'm driving and hear something on the radio, or in a store... it really makes you realize that God is everywhere. So let people try to separate church and state, but they're going to fail because I've felt the spirit and Holy Ghost in classes that have nothing to do (per say) with religion! Take that, politics!)

And now, the moment I've been dreading. Running and unpacking my stuff. (Only to pack it again tomorrow to go home for more of this 'Storm'. It's raining men! ;) )

2 comments:

  1. Awww, your experience with the little French girl was so sweet.

    Loving the dating adventures. You're like my own version of the Mormon Bachelorette. Haha. (Which, by the way, have you been watching that? It's so fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear shanny loved your blog. Made us hungry for ice cream. You missed a great cattle drive today. We had fun. we ate sandwitches and took naps. You are lucky to have such a wonderful job. Wish you were here, We have missed you. tons and tons and tons of love, grandma marilyn and brianne

    ReplyDelete