Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh where oh where has the sunshine gone?

(Disclosure, these are phone pics, so they're not very good quality. But I can't not take pictures to post. :p)

This is what it looked like out the windows at work this morning. Remember how it's mid May? Remember how it's supposed to be Summer-y? Mother Nature must have missed the memo, this is bizarre!

In other news, the twins, Bri and I went to Tropic last weekend to visit the cute Grandma and Grandpa Barton, so we did a lot of kitchen help, (Marissa did a lot of sewing), visiting, and Grandpa even took us for a four-wheeler ride to some old coal mines. I wish I would've had my camera for that, he's so cute! I love my grandparents. :) (I truly am blessed to have both sets, and that both sets of grandparents are so incredible! My family kind of rocks. :p)
Also, my grandma's trees were all blossoming, and they looked so pretty! (And you could kind of smell apricots and apples in the air. I love that!)
 Oh, and we took dramatic shadow pictures on our walk to take out the trash. :p


In other, other news: I've been hanging out with Shalece, Tabby, and Natasha a lot. (I guess I'm having apartment withdrawals and so it seems more comfortable to be in an apartment with an empty fridge and pantry than at a normal, functioning home. ;) Although I am feeling guilty for neglecting my house so much.)
We've gone to Walmart way too much for our own good, but at least they've got kid rides there to entertain us, right?
We bought tickets for the midnight premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 4, and we might be a little bit WAY excited to freeze our bums off in line Thursday night. (I have mixed emotions on going to midnight premieres, because it seems sooo pointless to wait in line for ages for a movie you could walk into if you were patient and waited a few days. On the other hand, it makes for some really fun memories! So I guess here I go again. This time I'm bringing catch phrase for entertainment!)

 Also, we've all but moved into Maverik. Someone always wants a drink or ice cream or something of the gas station sort. Tabby and I discovered the toy/candy section... and we might have a knack for being ridiculous. We were 'litting our light-sabers' (refer to Sons of Babes, as in the sequel to Out of the Mouth of Babes... funny stuff!)


And now I'm reading a new book, and I want input. Who out there has read Uglies?
What did you think? (Any recommendations for a slightly more intellectual book after I finish it?) :p I've missed reading.
Speaking of which, I'm going to go get lost in my book again. (Well. Ok so first I'm going to clean my disaster of a room, but who wanted to hear about that? I rest my case. ;) )
Happy Wednesday! (Which is, in my opinion, the best day of the week!)

6 comments:

  1. Shan I've been really into reading lately too! I just ordered 5 books off of Amazon...so if any are worth reading I'll let you know. But the "empty fridge" comment made me laugh...cause are fridge was the furthest thing from empty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upside of snow in May is the beauty of that tulip picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be optimistic Aunt Cherene! Haha that's true, the tulip pictures are pretty cool. They kinda just pop out at you when everything else is drowning in white. And Kar, I guess thats true. Haha but maybe I just was deluded into thinking it was empty because a lot of times it was just seven thousand bottles of spaghetti or alfredo sauce. Or food that had gone bad. Or food that wasn't mine because I still hadn't gone shopping. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet pictures! you'll have to let me know how you liked the 4th pirates movie. It looks pretty good. And let's seriously make that girls night happen soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Uglies. Then Pretties.... then Specials. Haha. It was fun. I agree, it isn't exactly the most challenging or thought provoking read. But it was fun! I have this dilemma with the books I read. I read a lot of Young Adult fiction, and it's always fun, but always mindless too. Then I start feeling like my brain is turning to mush. But then I pick up a more age-appropriate adult book and the writing is great but there are always a few R-rated scenes thrown in there! And it makes me remember why I usually stick to the YA fiction, because it's SAFE! Ugh, stupid evil world. Anyway. So. I would like to say that you definitely should NOT waste your time reading The Scorch Trials (you can read The Maze Runner, but it gets a little dumb at the end and then the sequel is just flat out ridiculous). And you should not read I Am Number Four. What a waste of my brain cells that book was. I wanted to throw it against the wall so many times, but I had to suffer through it because I couldn't just stop in the middle. Matched by Ally Condie was a YA that was all right. Mindless but fun.
    As far as some better books:
    The Book Thief
    The Help
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
    Anne of Green Gables (so funny and fun)
    The Kite Runner (some of it is hard to read, but it's good)
    Pride and Prejudice (if you haven't read this, you must.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and Stargirl! That was a good book.

    ReplyDelete