Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Emotional Vomit.

(That may have been the grossest blog title I've ever come up with. Sorry 'bout that.)

I've already complained about being homesick for Sanpete county, so I'm sure it doesn't surprise you that I'm still thinking about all that! :)
This past (school) year has gone so fast! This time a year ago, I was suffocating under senioritis, and procrastinating pretty much everything.  .... Not much has changed. :p
 Ok so just kidding, I like to think I'm doing a little better with the self-discipline/responsibility thing.
(But just because I find this wildly hilarious, here's a different post from around the same time last year. Hehe.)
I remember when I was trying to pick what school to go to... (honestly Snow sounded the best because it was cheapest, but it was sort of scary thinking of leaving familiarity...) and so I prayed about it, and I have no doubt that Snow was where I needed to be. I feel like I gained a lot of growth that I wouldn't have if I had lived at home.
At Story Tellers today, I thought about everything that's gone down since I moved to Ephraim and a fantastic song popped into my head. (Credit goes to Cherene my Aunt for showing me this song forever ago!)

There are so many people who influenced me- both positively and negatively- that I met at college this year. I thought especially about the sweet people in the nursing home. Afton, and Eunice, "Chug-a-lug" Eileen, and Don... I miss them lots! Each one of them told me stories, or bore sweet testimonies that helped me past whatever I was going through. It's so ironic that I started visiting them for class service hours, but I stayed for selfish reasons. I needed their visits too! I might have to go to Emerald Point and make new old friends. :p
I feel like I always sound so preachy, but I really am so grateful for every person I met at Snow College, and for all the things I learned from them. It was definitely a good year. (You only fail if you don't take anything from the experience.)

I was talking to a friend about this song:


and we decided it's our song. (Not like our song, but like a song that applies to both of us. Just clarifying for you. :p)
Granted, I'm so not singing this now. But I plan to eventually. I LOVE this song. 

Also... I have a date. :)
(Not til thursday.)
But still. A date! (Whoda thunk?)

2 comments:

  1. It's so amazing to think of all the experiences you've had and the people you've met and how it's all shaped you into the person you are today. It all happens for a reason. I love the song from Wicked, but I hadn't heard that second song! I liked it. Another one along the same lines is Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.

    Have fun on your date!

    ReplyDelete