Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Too classic not to share...

Oh mylanta people, I found my old quote book- among a million angst-y teenage drama journals- and there are some of THE funniest memories that go along with quotes!

"EMS... Emergency Man Store!" "Permanent or temporary? To stay or to go? Braun or Brains? Small, medium or large?" -Shannon and Aubree (Oh goodness. I miss our nonsense so much sometimes! Pretty much everything at this stage had to do with guys somehow. Kind of like "mighty fine potatoes")

"So... we need to hold to the iron rod like a monkey holds to a walnut."- Dyllan Almond (Funniest kid in my seminary class my first year after moving to Cedar. If we're being honest he sort of dominates the first handful of pages with his "We don't have to worry about the second coming coming today, because it's already tomorrow in Japan!" and "You're writing little hearts. That means you're in love. I am obligated to tell your father." Oh the entertainment value of that year in seminary. :p)

"My hamster was having seizures so I threw him in the freezer." -Jacoy somebody. (Math class sophomore year. I took Algebra 1 again. With a bunch of freshmen. (Ew. The horrors of a class with younger people. :p I was so upset about it.) That class turned out to be one of my favorites. Mr. Ellison was a grand debate-er when it came to 'falling up stairs', and since I felt too cool to talk to all the freshmen there was a good amount of people watching in that class. Which is where I heard, "I am so smart! S-m-r-t!", "It smells like sunshine in here!" and "Your phone matches your personality: slow." :D)

"You get none. ... Which is zero!" (I miss when Brianne was little. She was hilarious. Just in case you wondered.)

There were also a fair share of lyric misquotes. Like Marissa's famous "I got a 'willerbadoo'", and my "Living on toast and time" (That one earned me a lifetime of ridicule from my Dad and Brother Jones.) and then the classic "You can stand under my arm foreva-eva-eva, eh!" from Maycee and Aubree. :) Good times.

Ooh, and then there's the funny/maybe-slightly-mental teacher quotes:
"The end. Over and out! Amen!"
"The bad part of being a good sport is that you have to lose to prove it!"
"I want you to act like a sponge.... absorb everything!" (That one included hand motions 'absorbing' everything. :p)
"Why does he get to be a king and I have to be a stupid peasant!!"
"Why should I teach you and make you memorize dates if you can just click twice and look it up??"
"Doughnuts?? I don't call that breakfast, I call that sabotage!!"


Ok, so maybe those aren't even that funny to you, but I laughed pretty hard reading them and remembering.
(Ok one more before I post the serious one. If you haven't seen Monk, you won't be nearly as entertained.
"There's no heart so black as the black, black heart of the phony leper!"-Monk. Ahaha. I love it.)

I also found this which I copied down from a poster on one of my classroom doors. I kind of like it still, although I will admit it is a wee bit dramatic sounding.

Ten ways to a better life: 
1-People are illogical, unreasonable and self-controlled.
Love them anyway

2-If you do good, people will accuse you of ulterior motive.
Do good anyway

3-If you are successful you will win fake friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway

4-The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway

5-Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway

6-The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest ideas.
Think BIG anyway

7-People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway

8-What you spend years building could be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway

9-People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway

10-Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.

So. Now you see what I mean by 'a bit' dramatic. :p
But I do like the message. Life is tough, and people aren't perfect, but that shouldn't ever stop you from giving life your all and being your best. Never let fear hold you back from being great. :) (It's fun to feel motivated, isn't it?)

Speaking of which, if I plan on feeling motivated about being at work I should probably quit rambling and go to bed. So. :) Goodnight people!

(Thanks everyone who's given opinions on the picture dilemma so far. If you haven't yet, I'd still love to hear from you! :) I'm still torn!)

No comments:

Post a Comment