Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Updates, catch-ups, and walks on the beach.

So. I've neglected the blogging thing for all of a few days and it feels weird. I think that's probably a sign of addiction. (Maybe this is acceptance, and I'm making progress in the steps to recovery now. :p)

Anyway. Remember how I wasn't looking forward to the blind date?
It actually turned out pretty fun, even if it was kind of weird that it was a guy that I know and had a class with once upon a time. HUGE thanks to Lacie and Kylee for planning it, they thought of everything.
So here's the recap. I know you've been on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about my life. Most people do of course because it's such a dynamic and exciting life to be entranced with. (In case sarcasm doesn't carry well through technology and text... that was in fact dripping with it. :) Haha)
Mr. Blind date came to the door, and my mom made me hide so she could answer it and pretend like he had the wrong house. ("Is Shannon here?" "Who?" (Sounding nervous)"Shannon Heap?" "Oh... I think you have the wrong house..." That's the part where I stepped into view so the poor boy didn't die.)
There was a note with directions to our first destination. Confusing directions, nonetheless. We got lost and ended up at the SUU Gym instead of Mickey D's. (Those two probably aren't mixed up often...) When we finally got to McDonald's we asked for the 'Dannon' order (a combination of our names: "Danny and Shannon... get it? :p") the lady looked at us funny, "Aren't you supposed to go through the drive through?" We must have looked kinda panicked or something because she just giggled and gave us the note and two cups for drinks. (Already paid for. Thanks again Lacie and Kylee!)
The next note lead us to Chilles, where the guy at the pick up counter had absolutely no idea what in the world 'Dannon' had to do with anything. Finally a girl in the far corner of the kitchen heard us and brought us chips and salsa with another note. Costa Vida burritos and another note later we drove up Cedar Canyon and found a map/note at Milts.
Here's a tiny bit of back ground information for the next part. I absolutely HATE not being able to see. Once upon a time when I was little, my sisters and I would blind fold ourselves and find our way around our house for hours. Don't ask why- because I still haven't figured that part out, but we loved playing 'blind' for some reason. Then I grew up and it might terrify me a little bit to not see where I'm going and feel out of control.
Back to the story. :)
We drove up a dirt road, and found another note along with a rather snazzy leopard print blind fold.
The 'blind' part of the date was me being blind folded, and Danny leading me to a tree house. Cute idea... freaked me out! Haha. But good news. I didn't even trip! So we found the tree house, along with a blanket, marshmallows, cookies, Rollo's, a lighter and lighter fluid, and some card games. Cute huh? :D
So we ate dinner and visited, and then decided to try some s'mores.
All the wood was wet though, so that didn't go very far. Poor Danny couldn't get the fire to stay going.
So we just played card games- and not to toot my own horn but... I totally dominate at "blink". (It's sort of like 'speed' except you can lay a card down if it matches either the color, shape, or number. All this Story Tellers work has made me an excellent sorter apparently. ;p)
We bet on the last hand, and since I won I get those addictive sour patch watermelon candies. (I'm telling you, I'm hooked on those! Thanks to my roommate Sami, and our trip to Delta. :p)
Now for the best part. The drop off. (Haha not that it was a bad date, just that this part of the story is the funniest, in my opinion.)
So we pull up to my house, and my aunt is sitting in the driveway. Which I thought was hilarious, not awkward. But I'm not sure Danny had the same views. Haha. He walked me to my door anyway and gave me an awkward hug. That's when I noticed my dad was in the front room with three other men. I assumed bishop stuff. And I didn't want to interrupt, but I sort of needed to get into my house. So interrupt I did.
Haha. It was eventful. (Now that I type it all, it doesn't sound as funny as it was at the moment. Oh well. I guess you'd have to be there.)

Now.
Here is the part where I apologize for making this such a long post... But you've gotta see some of me and Tabby's boredom pictures. Yesterday we got bored so we went to vacuum her car out, and that's where all the madness started!

We like Tabby's car....
A lot! It has a sun roof! 
Lacie, you'll be happy to know I finally tried the (non coffee! Just in case you readers were concerned...) vanilla bean frappucino with a shot of caramel. :) It is pretty delish!
We decided to check out the 'lake' on Lay hill that's pretty much just a glorified puddle. And therefore we had to take shadow pictures.... :p
Sadly, I couldn't smuggle Tabby in. No dogs allowed! :p
She snuck in anyway. ;)
We're rebellious, in case you can't tell. Also in case you can't tell, I have a thing with signs. Especially if you can make them into funny pictures.
Pretend I don't look like I have to use the bathroom or something awkward in this picture. Also, note the pebble. I'm not totally random. Kinda.
Then we started walking around the pond thingy, and the lighting was perfect so we had to pull some ANTM pictures of course!




If you use your imagination you can pretend you're on the beach. :p But really, it is sort of pretty at sunset. Even for a glorified pond!




This is when I was breaking into Tabby's car, via sunroof. I had to think skinny of course, and even then it was sketchy. Haha. 
 
Then when we were driving home we found this and had to sneak some pictures. 

Then we danced and rocked out to Avril Lavigne. (Which P.S took me back to middle school with 'Sk8er boi' and then Freshman and Sophomore year with the rest of the semi-emo sounding songs. haha)
It got pretty intense :p
(We also attempted to slide down her 'banister'. It doesn't work very well and then you get stuck and look like a fat koala bear while Tabby snaps your picture. And then you're stupid enough to post it on your blog. :p)


So. That's how we stay entertained in Cedar City! I wouldn't be surprised if you're all questioning our sanity now. :)


Also P.S I tried reading through and editing, but it's warm outside so I'm abandoning the effort. Sorry if I'm not grammatically correct or spellerific. :) Happy FRIDAY!!!! :D I'm goin outside!

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was pretty funny! Oh yeah, I was there. Sorry if I spoiled the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I loved this post. Your date and those pictures were both very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shan, this is Gram's first comment on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comment by Gram! tee hee
    You are so dang funny and cute and I think that sounded like the most fun creative date. Sometimes fun dates are the bestest kind. Just enjoy every minute of your youthful, lovely, life.
    You are having some great experiences!!
    Don't we have a great family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweet Shan! This really is my first comment. Thanks for being such a beautiful, fun individual. Keep smiling and please come see me soon. Love you and miss you Gram.

    ReplyDelete