Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I don't know what to title this post of total randomness

In English the other day we did an 'allusion' activity thing... with different famous people's answers to the infamous question:

Why did the Chicken cross the road?


"To die in the rain. Alone."

"In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us the chicken crossed the road and that was good enough."

"That chicken crossed the road because he's GUILTY! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks!"

"Why are the chickens always white? We need some black chickens..."

"I missed one?"

"When I was the First Lady I personally helped that little chicken across the road, and that gives me the unique ability- from day one- to ensure that every little chicken can cross the road in safety. But this really isn't about me, is it?"

"It's not about why the chicken crossed the road, it's about if he's on our side or theirs. There is no middle ground."

(Hehe... grand aren't they? Maybe I was just really tired that day though.)

More Random Quotes:

"We have enough youth, how 'bout a 'fountain of smart'?"

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than what others say about him."

"...It's poison or die in three days. Which do I choose? POISON!"

"Discrimination is well and alive in America."

"It's fun to realize you've grown enough that you no longer panic at the idea of branching out."

"Sometimes the most important values, are not the most prominent."

"Ew! Someone pooped pickles in here!"

"Together we fall, united we stand."

"...We were leaving banana streaks in the halls!"

"Dreams and self-esteem are free. You can take as much as you want and walk away."

"I know you believe you understand what you heard but I don't think you realize what you heard isn't what I meant." (This is EXACTLY how I feel when speaking to the opposite gender! :p )

"I'll kill them. I'll run to Paris, bam bam bam bam... I'll be back before the week's end, then we spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan??" (From one of my all time favorite movies: The Count of Monte Cristo)

"Old people never sleep. Sit down, sit down."

"Conversation is the art of telling people a little less than they want to know."

"It's like it goes and reaches your soul... and twists your guts in a knot!" (Mrs. Esplin's enthusiastic description of good poetry. :D Haha I love her, don't you?)

"Love is not only the key to my heart, but the key to my life."

"Don't EVER be embarrassed to share a Lord Byron!" (Also Mrs. Esplin :p)

"Chocolate cupcakes... with BEANS! High fiber, CHOCOLATE, cupcakes! You'll hand them to your kids grinning and telling them to eat up. They'll think you've lost your mind, but you know you HAVEN'T!" (Another, equally enthusiastic teacher. Except this one is Mrs. Christensen of whom I absolutely LOVE!)

"Je suis la princess des signes!" (I am the swan princes!!)

"... High schoolers KISS!"

"The clouds make babies?"

"Am I wetting my pants? Or are there seat warmers..."

"-Can I ask you a personal question?
-.... Like what color is my toothbrush?"

"I whisk with vigor!"

"Hold my hammer while I wiggle my jump." (Haha little kids... :p You've gotta love 'em!)

"That's the horse we courted on..." (Awwww!!! :D )

"... that's a cute girl. You gonna marry her?"

"I usually wake up grumpy, but sometimes I let him sleep in."

"When I grow up, I want my face to grow hair like yours."

"I'm getting to the point where I can hide my own easter eggs."

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

"See you with the sunrise." :)

"We can't go out there! Our breath won't be clean!!"

"-What is it, hunters intuition?!?
-Either that or I really have to tinkle..."

"... so I can one day share your story with Opra."

"The necesities: Kill spiders, clean puke, love kids... same values... handsome! ;)"

"You see, I'd be a really great author if my ideas would cooperate when on paper."

"The Art of Deliberate Dishonesty Toward Your Significant Other: How, When, Why and Other Questions Answered. It'll make MILLIONS!"

"That's the kinda song that would turn a normal person into a serial killer."

"... Then enjoy it! How many people get serviced?"

"My rule is that every woman should be allowed at least once in her life to fall for some absolutely inappropriate male."

"Wo unto the liar for he shall step on sharp things!" (Note the liar is a 'he'... just sayin. ;) )

"They're not kidding when they say the wicked shall be thrust down!!" (said while hopping around the room in pain from stepping on a sharp thing. Wicked and a liar?)

"Point proven. Happy Mother's Day, Dad."

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship."

"Dark is a way and light is a place, heaven that never was nor will ever be is always true."

"Sometimes you have to forget how you feel, and remember what you deserve."

"Escusez moi, detre de retard." (No, it does not mean, 'Excuse me, I'm a retard. Close, but not quite.)

(Here's one for the dramatics...)
"John's head hung below slumped shoulders as he exited the computer lab, and dejectedly made his attempt to escape the happily congested hallways."

(Now name that movie quotes! :p )
"The strange hermit of the north"

"UGH! I'VE BEEN KISSED BY A DOG!!! I HAVE DOG GERMS!! GET SOME HOT WATER, GET SOME DISINFECTANT, GET THE IODINE!!!!!"

"You're gonna feel so assisted!"

"I was hiding under the porch because I love you. May I stay?"

"-He's like an onion, you have to peel the layers back one at a time...
- Not if you use a knife."

"Not like dead animal on the road, we should get out and touch it with our hands sick..."

"Well that'd explain the stabbing with the nose-pick from H(ades)" (This one was edited just for you. :) )

"Why don't you just pop all the balloons and spit in the punch!"

"It's such a nice sounding word for what it means: a fortune accident." (Serendipity)

"I'm just one stomach flu away from my weight loss goal!"

Just for fun, I thought I'd show you some lovely creatures my piano students, Ali and Gracie, discussed today in our spare time. How we got on this topic, I'll never know. :p








Ok, so now that I'm completely wigged out and am basically guaranteed to have ghastly nightmares :p let's see some of the cuter topics we covered:







(Sorry, I'm on a roll. :p Here's some cute Anne Geddies that we decided we like)






Haha ok ok... I'm done I promise....



... For now. ;) (Heh Heh Heh!)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shannon,
    I erin am offended. You have misquoted me. I am not a he. And just because I was thrust down because of my wickedness does not mean that you have the right to call me a he. The audacity.Really. I love Raquels quotes. alot. The real question is....why didn't you include... AND THEN SHE WHIPPED OUT A BABY..! Cuz that is 'the shiz' Plus i kept looking at the rolls of fat on the baby/dog picture both of whom's gender is in questioning and all i could say is " its me isn't it?!" in typical Junie B Jones horror. ACK how could you post pictures of spiders and still sleep at night knowing that I live in a spider breeding ground a veritable Hooverville ( or Obamaville if your a hater) of homeless spiders

    ReplyDelete