Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Well... ya see....

I was going to post pictures after all the Christmas morning mayhem. I promise. But... I sorta have a knack for losing camera related things. I have absolutely no idea how this one worked though. Here's the scoop. I had my batteries in the battery charger and was carrying them toward the outlet when I tripped and they went flying. Honestly the floor must have swallowed them up. Either that or else the boogie man IS real and he lives under my bed AND he has an appetite for battery acid. I could only find one. :( I even got on my stomach and looked under my hairy scary bed. And EVERYWHERE. The charger isn't even found. And it's big and bulky.
How I manage to do these kinds of things I'll never know.
I still blame the pants eating monster.

This post is rather short-ish and wimpy because it is, in fact, family home evening- and we have a mean wii tournament going on downstairs. I took a short break mainly for this:
CHERENE MY AUNT, THIS ONE'S FOR YOU:

"I've been uphill, and I've been downhill. ... Down hill is easier." (That also applies to stairs in case you were wondering. And despite Mr. Elison's refuting the physiological possibility of it, you CAN trip up stairs. So ha.)

So while I'm up here I'll explain the holiday festivities... no no no, that would take to long. Let me sum up. (Name that movie!)

Christmas Eve: Party at the LeFevres. Laughing uncontrollably at Uncle Lloyd the donkey/reindeer/camel, and Teancum the rider of all three previously mentioned animals. And his super awesome tricks :) ("Watch me how to fly!"... "Watch me how to jump!" and so on, and so forth.)
Then the grand surprise of Riley, some sparkling ciders and 'sleeping' parties.

Christmas Morning: (Well Duh. Do I really need to explain?)
Wrapping paper flying and smiles everywhere. (I got cool dishes. Neiner neiner.)
Fat French toast with blueberry syrup. :) Mm. And practically all you can eat sausage.
Christmas Afternoon: Travel to Hatch. Attempt to sled. Tip over a few times, then decide there's just too much snow for the poor wimpy four-wheelers and sleds to handle. (Don't you love it?? Too much snow!) A warm fire, some movie watching and playing with Riley (of course) and then bed.

Day after Christmas: Drive to Tropic. Poor Riley probably thinks he's stuck being a nomad and has no clue where he really lives. Eat WAY too much delicious food, talk about college and missions and life and growing up and all sorts of other nostalgia. Go home. :) (That was my favorite part. No offense Hatch and Tropic, but I just wanted to get out of the squishy truck- 7 people and one dog in a 6 passenger truck. Yum.- and sleep in my very own bed.)

The Day AFTER the day after Christmas: Church of course. And lots of primary kids and ward members coming to check out the puppy. Which I found kinda silly. But that's OK. He's cute- we'll show him off. :p

And that brings us to today. Mom and I worked around five hours today at Storytellers. I'm wiped out. Too bad work is the only source of income huh. Unless of course I have some super rich relative somewhere in a distant land who dies and I inherit their castle and valuables and sell them on eBay. Fun thought- not likely.
For my lunch break I took my friend Jordyn to lunch. Panda saves the day. Again. And then went to the Library to try and find Lightning Thief, which Jacob tells me is rather awesomely good. Then back to work for an hour- finish another 100 packs (woo woo!) (<- two windows! :p) And home to burn some more awesome theme song-y Cd's and eat and play games.

Speaking of which, I'm off to go win the winter Olympics. :)
Au revoir!




P.S Apparently I lied earlier when I said it was a wimpy short post. Ha. Haha. I'm a rambler. So this IS short for me. :p

1 comment: